Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hernia mesh issues

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yesterday morning a Doc came in and said that they are changing my diet.
    Well he didn't tell anyone and I'm still getting a " clear diet".
    I'm not eating it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry you are going through this...I have mesh in my naval which I'm convinced the caused hernia was from trying to hoist a fatty whitetail solo into the truck. I had to go back to camp & steel a hitch hauler to get the critter back to the cleaning station. Wasn't long after that is when I noticed my innie was an outie. No problems but seen where it's an issue. The only good thing I can see if I was in your position would my needed weight loss.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Yeah, 23 years ago the Army fixed an inguinal hernia in my left side and now I'm going in for surgery to fix an inguinal hernia in my right side this summer. I'll be asking the surgeon to check how the left side is doing while he's in there.

Feedback Score
    I had inguinal hernia and had the mesh put in to repair it back in 2000. No issues so far.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Update;
    I'm out of the Hospital and home now.
    I had this surgery about 2010 to repair multiple hernia's I had acquired at work. The work was done at a Military Hospital.
    So for some reason, my gut moved and became entangled in the mesh at a certain point where the mesh was not adhering to the abdominal wall. So now it starts rolling in the mesh and becomes entangled.
    It began squeezing my intestines and later choked them out completely. There was as I was told by my Surgeon "No Blood flow to the effected intestines any more." I lost about 8 inches of intestines, everything was reconnected and I am recovering well.
    In retrospect I ignored early symptoms which were an increase in bowel movements and a change in the composition of the feces form and color. The final kicker was some symptoms that were very much like a Gall Stone. Nausea, vomiting and night sweats. After the third episode I went to the ER.
    So I went in and in about 2 hours was in the OR after a quick CATT scan.
    I got lucky.
    I just turned 60, literally during my stay in the hospital. I will never again ignore simple symptoms or just wait until they go away. Proactive and a close eye on the prize.
    Last edited by Averageman; 05-20-21 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay,
    I'm laying in bed and feel nauseated, I get up and walk a bit and feel better.
    Then
    I vomit in the kitchen sink and as I'm washing out the sink I feel blood running down my legs.
    I drove to the ER.
    More surgery...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Okay,
    I'm laying in bed and feel nauseated, I get up and walk a bit and feel better.
    Then
    I vomit in the kitchen sink and as I'm washing out the sink I feel blood running down my legs.
    I drove to the ER.
    More surgery...
    I hope they fix you up soon man.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I'm feeling a bit better today.
    I found out I lost 280 cm's of intestines so far. I've got a hell of a scar.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As you can guess, I busted my stitches and had to go back in and start over.
    I got stitched up real nice and tight and feel just like a new baseball glove.
    Two weeks, my greatest adventure so far has been cutting the grass.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wow, man...That sucks. I'm sorry you're having to go through all that.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast