Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recent 6920 prices

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    6920 prices. Not your perception about the indications of the markings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it's relevant that there are shades of 6920s, and I think that those fine distinctions are something that an informed consumer might like to know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I think it's relevant that there are shades of 6920s, and I think that those fine distinctions are something that an informed consumer might like to know.
    Very relevant.

Some are just upset they paid more than top dollar for less of a rifle and they don't want to be reminded of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Do that in the other thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    The fact that Colt may be assembling rifles from unnamed, outsourced parts rather than making their own parts in house has a direct correlation to what I'm willing to pay.
    That’s been the case all along.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    That’s been the case all along.

That's not true at all. That was true in the past in the days of Colt Holding, but there was a period where it wasn't true, and now apparently it's in play once again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Very relevant.

Some are just upset they paid more than top dollar for less of a rifle and they don't want to be reminded of it.
    I have one, and I wouldn't say I'm upset about it per se. When Colt sold those Mexican guns for cheap I was like OMG a 6920 for 650 dollars with mags and carry handle and frantically hit the buy button. Didn't look the gift horse in the mouth and yea the markings are all wrong. Might be upset if I had paid a grand for it. But to be honest I'm just glad that I became aware of the changes happening in time to get me some good ones before it becomes common knowledge that the golden age M4s is a bygone era.

Then I paid like 1400 for an all correct M4, and then 700 for an all correct M4 upper. But then I got a real deal on a 6920 and after selling the accessories that came with it I was only in it for about 600. So I guess it all evens out in the end.

I think the important takeaway is that it's going to make sense in the long run to put away some correctly marked, pre CZ Colt ARs. Like in ten years from now, I don't think we're going to be lamenting that correct M4 we bought for 1400. And I don't think paying a grand for a CR is really a mistake in the grand scheme of things, especially if you don't mind losing a few bills here and there. But if you do really enjoy that horse trading aspect of collecting, you could certainly even the odds a little by getting a good M4 to keep it company. Could be wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345