Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Recent 6920 prices

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    But are they any better than say a S&W Sport II?

I’m not being facetious, it’s a genuine question.

From what I’ve read they’re not true Colt (manufactured in house according to TDP)
    rifles anymore.

I know I am not the person you quoted but I have 2 Colt 6920's and a fue M&P15's.

My Colts are older one's so I am 99.999% sure there made to the TDP.

My S&W's from the factory were not as "Rugged" as the Colts. I replaced all the MIM parts with Billet pieces and the Smith's came with the Simiauto Bolt Carrier's so I replaced them with Azimuth Bolt Carrier's. The barrels are Melonite coated on the inside and are not 1/7 twist or Chrome Linined like the Colts.

Ok saying all that, one of my M&P15's is beside my bed every night, I trust the rifle now as much as any I have in my Gun Safe.

Does that make all the M&P15's "Just as Good" , NO! but I think mine are damn close to my Colts now, after the mods. I cant say that every example of a M&P15, are rugged like I can with a Colt or BCM or Whatever. I just dont trust MIM parts running the dog shit outta a Carbine. This is just my $0.02 and there folks who can answer it way better than myself, I am just telling my story with my M&P15's.

I do think the S&W M&P15 is a helluva little Carbine for the price tho and if someone just understands it's faults and takes the time to fix them I believe it can make a decent Home Defense Carbine for the money.
    Last edited by Spooky1; 06-11-21 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by TexHill; 06-11-21 at 16:15.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here we go again.

A lame topic with Colt as the subject automatically devolves into speculation reported as fact. I'm still waiting for actual evidence showing that anything has changed beyond markings.

Last edited by grizzman; 06-11-21 at 16:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Here we go again.

A lame topic with Colt as the subject automatically devolves into speculation reported as fact. I'm still waiting for actual evidence showing that anything has changed beyond markings.

Let's say I'm your deliver driver and I give you your burger you ordered from some fancy burger joint, and you open up the bag to find a burger in a McDonalds wrapper. You're annoyed, and I'm like don't worry brotatochip, it's just the marking on the outside.

Sometimes things mean stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Let's say I'm your deliver driver and I give you your burger you ordered from some fancy burger joint, and you open up the bag to find a burger in a McDonalds wrapper. You're annoyed, and I'm like don't worry brotatochip, it's just the marking on the outside.

Sometimes things mean stuff.
    Why don’t we stay on topic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Why don’t we stay on topic?

What do you think the topic is???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    What do you think the topic is???
    6920 prices. Not your perception about the indications of the markings.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Feels like in my neck of the woods, AR's are piling up at a few LGS around me with full inventory (plus boxes in the back) between $899-$1400 with Colts in the middle and some higher end DD or Noveske double that. A few different models of Colts (rail differences) are $999-$1199 with some IWI, FN and other decent ones in the same ballpark. The no name AR's (local shop or GA shop AR's) are the most expensive at $1199-1399. Handguns are real slim pickings, except for nicer higher end new and used 1911's and revolvers.

Ammunition prices have also come down between $5-10 a box (handgun) to about double normal from triple, so good news all around.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    6920 prices. Not your perception about the indications of the markings.
    The fact that Colt may be assembling rifles from unnamed, outsourced parts rather than making their own parts in house has a direct correlation to what I'm willing to pay.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast