Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    This experience is not unusual.
    @1168

Any updates on your P4xi? I know you have a thread on that but it is also info pertinent here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @1168

Any updates on your P4xi? I know you have a thread on that but it is also info pertinent here.

In the back of my safe. I kinda put it on the backburner due to traveling. I need to get around to dealing with it so I can get my “modern” 14.5” gun up.

FWIW, a T2 with an Aimpoint magnifier gets me to 400 with basically no effort on a 12.3”.

Edit: on a silhouette.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-01-21 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Is it silly to buy a razor 1x6 today what the Gen III is out, I guess the better question is is it still relevant today?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Is it silly to buy a razor 1x6 today what the Gen III is out, I guess the better question is is it still relevant today?
    I think it is still relevant. Of the Razors, it is my favorite. But I’m also not chasing the latest with the best specsheet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I think it is still relevant. Of the Razors, it is my favorite. But I’m also not chasing the latest with the best specsheet.
    The fact that Vortex is still selling the 1-6 alongside the 1-10 would indicate that it is still a relevant product.

The stuff that made the 1-6 so popular haven't changed. Bright dot, good glass, rugged design. All that stuff is still there. It is now augmented by the 1-10.

I'd say, if anything, Vortex could do something new with the reticle. Replace the VMR-2 with some version of the EBR-9. One that's tweaked a bit to work solely with 2nd focal plane. Maybe without all windage holds and holdover points.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My buddy and I did a timed run a while back, NX8 vs Razor JM1 BDC. Hits on steel at 200, 300, and 400. Standing, kneeling, prone. Razor cleaned it due to BDC. We already knew the 1x was better on Razor due to the eye box. Brightness is close.
    We then did timed and scored hits to 25 vs Aimpoint T2. The difference was negligible.
    I’ve tried several other LPVOs simply because I didn’t like the color of the razor as stupid as that sounds. Couple of years on, it’s actually grown on me.
    Yes, razor is still king of the hill as far as I’m concerned, but only the JM1 and only on a 14-18” carbine where the bdc more or less
    Matches up.
    Now as far as the 1-10x razor, the eye box at 1x isn’t as good and the magnification past 6x doesn’t really help me since my 2gun matches don’t go past 400 yards.
    JME.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    Yes, razor is still king of the hill as far as I’m concerned, but only the JM1 and only on a 14-18” carbine where the bdc more or less
    Matches up.
    Now as far as the 1-10x razor, the eye box at 1x isn’t as good and the magnification past 6x doesn’t really help me since my 2gun matches don’t go past 400 yards.
    JME.
    Ever compare it to a Kahles K16i?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    K16i, Vortex razor hd2-e, nx8, ATACR 1-8. Pick one based on your budget. All work well. All have their relative strengths and weaknesses. There is no perfect. It’s easy to get lost in “research” when instead it’s better to just pick one and shoot it.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 08-14-21 at 08:19.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want the Razor Gen III just because I want my zero to be true at all magnification. I'm still very new to LPVO's and still learning a lot.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast