Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

King of the LPvO's - 2021

Hey Shooter's;

Im looking for some recommendations on high end LPvO's.

First about my shooting habits: I shoot a lot of carbine, multigun, and precision matches. Usually once a month sometimes as much as 3 times a month. In the past I was using one gun to shoot the carbine and multigun matches, and then using a dedicated MSR10 6.5 CM with 4-16x optic for the precision matches. The precision matches really only go out to 600 -700 yards with one or two targets and then keep most of the targets closer and smaller. While shooting the 6.5 CM is a lot of fun; its a lot cheaper to run 556. Recently I ran a precision match with my Primary Arms 1-8 with ACSS and actually did really well. It got me thinking that a high end LPVO might really be a one stop solution for me. I recently made some money in the markets and would be selling my other two LPVO's to fund this. The two I am replacing are a PA 1-8 ACSS SFP, and a Steiner P4xi. I love both optics for what they are good at, but wish each offered a lot more. For example I love the day light bright reticle of the Steiner and the glass quality, but hate it only goes up to 4x. The PA doesn't have day light bright or glass quality, but it does go all the way to 8x and has a super effective BDC.

Requirements:

- $2k or less. Im prior mil so I get sweet discounts with some places.

- 8x - 10x . I actually cant go over 10x if I want to stay in a certain class for one match.

- Daylight bright reticle on 1x. Again; to stay in a certain class for a certain match I can only run one optic. That means no offset red dot to compensate for a weak 1x.

- The optic must be in strelok pro. (most are)

- Think 0 - 700 yards use. I do reload (62's & 77's) and have some dope for my loads. And I'm willing to true a BDC.

- I prefer capped turrets, and like to zero at 200 and then use Strelokpro for hold over's.

Right now the top contender for me is the Vortex G3 Razor. Next would be the NF Nx8. Id even consider the PA platinum line, but they look like pigs even compared to the vortex and are not day light bright. Something I kind of want if I am spending north of 1K on a optic.

Let me know what you dudes think!
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Vortex 1-10
    ATACR 1-8
    Kahles k18i
    Maybe a swaro if you get good pricing.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Vortex 1-10
    ATACR 1-8
    Kahles k18i
    Maybe a swaro if you get good pricing.
    Hard to argue that line up.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Vortex 1-10

This for the win.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would save another 1500 and spring for the short dot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Are you sure about that?

I just registered with Vortex's .mil program and I can get a Razor3 for $1739. "Another $1500 for the short dot" would make it almost twice as expensive? The optic I think most closely mimics the Razor3 is the ATACR but that is almost 1K more expensive, and has less FOV and less magnification.

My mind isn't totally made up on the Razor3; but it really looks hard to beat. Especially at the price I can get them for. Now I just gotta wait for them to be in stock.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Are you sure about that?

I just registered with Vortex's .mil program and I can get a Razor3 for $1739. "Another $1500 for the short dot" would make it almost twice as expensive? The optic I think most closely mimics the Razor3 is the ATACR but that is almost 1K more expensive, and has less FOV and less magnification.

My mind isn't totally made up on the Razor3; but it really looks hard to beat. Especially at the price I can get them for. Now I just gotta wait for them to be in stock.
    FFP reticle with an actual dot in the second plane. Anything else is a jack of all trades style compromise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like my nf nx8. 1x, bright dot, light and small but rugged.

Im not sure it would be great for competition unless you're using hold overs. Also not sure how well it would perform at 700 yards.

It is 1x and bright. The eye box isnt the best on the nx8 and the scope ring doesn't almost disappear like the vortex PST 1-6 I've tried. I have no issues with the eye box personally but I'm not shooting sideways or laying on my side while trying to shoot through slots on a wooden barrier. I think that's where the eye box might bite you a little.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 05-19-21 at 23:16.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    I like my nf nx8. 1x, bright dot, light and small but rugged.

All the options are good pluses and minuses with all of them literally. You pick the one that checks the most boxes for you.

Even the best most expensive isn't worlds better when your choices are of good brands.

The cheaper plinker brands on the other hand either suck or breakdown. Personally I don't like the vortex 1-10 it's not really 1x and it's heavy. The vortex PST 1-6 is really nice but I don't trust its durability for my hd rifle.

The downsides to the nx8 are the eye box is not as forgiving as the others, however I haven't had issues at all at 1x. Glass clarity isn't as great as the German glass but it is very good, the reticle gets tricky at 400-500 yards if you're not using hold overs. It's a fine optic and I like it. I have zero complaints actually.
    You think the NX8 has a better 1x than the Razor? How much time do you have on the Razor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Are you sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You think the NX8 has a better 1x than the Razor? How much time do you have on the Razor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those Short Dots are badass, as much as I’d love to have one, I’m not sure I’d ever drop $5200 on a scope. I thought the 16+ bills was a big enough bite out of my ass for my Kahles. I can see myself dropping 2K on a Vortex 1-10x, 5K+ is a little out of league but a great contender for the title of this thread.

https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/best-l...expert-advice/
    https://www.eurooptic.com/Schmidt-Be...43E-K2-H2.aspx

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast