Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    What about the March F 1-10 shorty?

https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d10sv24fiml/

If I understand correctly, daylight bright illumination, decent glass, decent reticle options, acceptable FOV (over 100ft at 1x), light weight, super small footprint. The only knock seems to be it needs proprietary mounting solution. What am I missing? I haven’t heard much at all about this.

Specifically this reticle looks interesting:

https://www.eurooptic.com/March-F-Ta...ML-DR-TR1.aspx
    I’m going to respond to my own post. The downsides that I can see are there is only 1 custom mount for this made by March (that from what I can tell, isn’t even available) and that scope weighs like 8 oz, no provisions for mounting an RMR 12 O’Clock. Apparently the scope body before the turret is like 30mm and after the turret it is 33mm, very odd. Someone reported weighing the March F 1-10 in mount and stated weight was like 26 oz. A Razor Gen iii with a Reptilia AUS or Badger C1 should be like an ounce heavier & allow an RMR to be mounted in various positions.

After learning the above, I lost all interest. If someone made a lightweight mount for the March F 1-10, seems like it may be a decent option if you want to keep the LPVO as light as possible.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I’m going to respond to my own post. The downsides that I can see are there is only 1 custom mount for this made by March (that from what I can tell, isn’t even available) and that scope weighs like 8 oz, no provisions for mounting an RMR 12 O’Clock. Apparently the scope body before the turret is like 30mm and after the turret it is 33mm, very odd. Someone reported weighing the March F 1-10 in mount and stated weight was like 26 oz. A Razor Gen iii with a Reptilia AUS or Badger C1 should be like an ounce heavier & allow an RMR to be mounted in various positions.

After learning the above, I lost all interest. If someone made a lightweight mount for the March F 1-10, seems like it may be a decent option if you want to keep the LPVO as light as possible.

For years on places like Sniper's Hide, I've seen March brought up over and over and over again as they seem to have impressive erector ratios in super-compact packages WAAAAYYY ahead of anyone else in the industry. The 1-10 goes back 10 years I want to say. Gotta be a catch, right?

There's no shortage of complaints about the forgiveness and eyebox, but then again seeing the varying opinions on why the NX8 1-8 is or isn't good further supports my long-standing opinion that the LPVO is the first experience for many into the convoluted world of magnified optics and most don't know what they don't know.

Regarding March, there has always been question about how their philosophy translates into the tactical shooting dynamic (rather than say static benchrest), and most who are dazzled by the specs on paper often don't stay with them. What I have seen in the last decade are newer shooters enamored with the specs that don't know or yet understand what they have given up or extremely seasoned veterans who can use just about anything due to flawless fundamentals and are not hindered by the short-comings.

In summation to this thread, there is no "King"...except for maybe when the S&B was the lone entrant. With very few exceptions, I've probably had no less than 50 different LPVO's (some doubles and repeats) and in the employment of a duty/deployment, hunting, competition, and class/training situations in the last 15 years, THERE IS NO KING.

What works for you, will be the bane of the next guy. What feature I demand, the next guy won't want. I have specific LPVO's for guns that are CQB/NV oriented that can be pressed into long-range/precision service. I have carbines set up for distance/precision that can be pressed into CQB service in a pinch. I can certainly narrow the list for you as to what is indeed the "cream of the crop" but there is no King. You may find a great fit for you, but that doesn't make it "King". Even if you have stupid money to buy a S&B Dual CC at today's list price of $5k, you'll have an awesome scope, but one that is still open to improvement.

Cheers.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 10-03-21 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    The NX8 1-8 is still my favorite LPVO but for financial reasons I had to sell it.

I've been playing the Amazon, buy, try and return game for 6 months now. Tried a bunch of different LPVO's. I really liked the EOTech Vudu 1-8, but didn't have a budget to keep it. Right now I'm trying out the "how long can Budget optics hold up" and am running a Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10 with the MOA reticle. Really impressed with it so far.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516