Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have used my 1- 8 on my MSR10 and shot some accurized AR matches with it.

Unless you are actually gonna use the 1x; I would suggest sticking to larger glass. My current optic on that gun is a 4 - 16 Vortex DBT and that is so much more useful for the application. I never once needed a 1x snap shot with a 6.5 creedmoor. I use 8 - 16x ALL the time.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This guy does fantastic reviews
    https://youtu.be/BIPOgPBeXJE
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Do you have any actual examples of less expensive optics being less durable? I don't know at which point you consider an optic "cheap" but in my own experience, and plenty of people on Youtube have proven; the $300 Primary Arms optics are plenty durable. In fact I would say my PA optic feels more durable than my steiner. This is purely subjective as neither optic has failed me in any way no matter how many times they get dumped into the rifle barrel, or slammed into a barricade.

I would 100% consider my cheaper PA and vortex glass durable. They just lack in raw glass performance. They even track surprisingly well.

EDIT: Primary Arms even has a lot of their cheaper LPVO's certified by some LEO board, and they even claim they test their optics with thousands of rounds of SCAR17 fire.
    I've seen John Mosby- Mountain Guerilla, THROW with both hands, a rifle down range, with a Burris MTAC on it and not have an issue. After he did that SEVERAL times, he eventually bent the occular portion of the tube and sent it back to Burris. That's a $400 or less scope. So, unless you are stepping off a helicopter in the Hindu Kush hunting men as a Life Choice, I think a lot of people are seriously deluding themselves with what they "need". Which is fine, it's a free country etc...
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Vortex, Nightforce, Kahles are sort of the gold standard but Primary Arms 1-8x Platinum provides a nice 1-8x at a more affordable price for those who cannot spend $2k on a scope. Primary Arms actually has a new 1-10x LPVO that I am waiting to purchase. It has two very nice reticles (BDC and MIL) with their typical windage holds. Should be a nice offering from PA to provide a more affordable scope option to the Vortex. Athlon is also about to release a FFP 1-10x scope with BDC and MIL reticles. It would not surprise me that more manufactures make the 1-10x leap next year.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I've seen John Mosby- Mountain Guerilla, THROW with both hands, a rifle down range, with a Burris MTAC on it and not have an issue.
    Do you know where that optic is assembled? It does not appear to be on Sage Rat Safaris' LPVO masterlist.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Do you know where that optic is assembled? It does not appear to be on Sage Rat Safaris' LPVO masterlist.
    I believe they were made in the Philippines, but I could be incorrect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeheadAR View Post
    Vortex, Nightforce, Kahles are sort of the gold standard but Primary Arms 1-8x Platinum provides a nice 1-8x at a more affordable price for those who cannot spend $2k on a scope.
    I have one of their Platinum 1-8 scopes, and i've been extremely impressed with it. Really good glass, true 1x, daylight bright ACSS reticle, adjustable turrets, and built like a tank. It's a fantastic scope for the $1,200 price tag. The only downside is, it's heavy.

Feedback Score
    I hear the 1-10x is expected to have similar attributes and be a little lighter. It was supposed to be released this month but the test run didn't pass their QAQC and now release date is unclear.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Garand Thumb reviews the Army's new DVO:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I watched that yesterday. Seems similar to the NX8 but only 6x max. I do like the Christmas tree BDC reticle in the DVO more.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast