Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the VMR-2 reticle. Pretty much nothing more than a plain old reticle with a fiber optic dot. Yes. The illumination is bright and useful but the reticle itself provides pretty much no information.

I'd like to see Vortex update the Viper and Razor lines with some version of the EBR reticle. Kind of like what Nightforce does with the ATACR and NX8 reticles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    What I'd like them to do is make a less expensive version of the Gen III Razor. Maybe make a 1-6 version of the Gen III that would, in terms of cost, fall between the Gen II and the Gen III 1-10.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    I have the updated delta stryker 1-6 mil/mil. They just put mil turrets on.

Just mounted on a solgw 13.7 in a badger 1.7. Will follow up after i get it out to shoot, but im happy with what i see so far.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    For those of you are running these types of optics, how muchbtime do find yourself using them at the extreme ends of their magnification range? Or rather, how much time do you one should spend shooting at 1x or 8/10x to justify the use of these optics over something more traditional, i.e. a 3-9x or 2.5-10x?
    I have a K16i on my 2-Gun rifle and the majority of every match is shot at 1x. There are 1-2 stages where I will go to 6x and shoot up to 500yds.

I believe that if you go to a 1-8x or 1-10x and are shooting mainly at the higher end, you might as well go to a 2.5-10 or 3-9 etc. Reason being is when you get into FFP LPVO, especially with higher mag, the 1x really degrades and the higher end is pretty sensitive/unforgiving. So you are essentially left with a jack of all trades but master of none.

No with that being said, I plan on purchasing a NX8 for my "go to"/shtf 16" gun because I'm willing to trade 1x performance for the ability to have an FFP reticle and higher magnification on a rifle that is a "do all" gun. I'm curious as to how the 34mm, 10oz heavier Trijicon Credo 1-8 performs though at 1x and if it'll be worth the weight.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 06-23-21 at 06:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I have a K16i on my 2-Gun rifle and the majority of every match is shot at 1x. There are 1-2 stages where I will go to 6x and shoot up to 500yds.

I believe that if you go to a 1-8x or 1-10x and are shooting mainly at the higher end, you might as well go to a 2.5-10 or 3-9 etc. Reason being is when you get into FFP LPVO, especially with higher mag, the 1x really degrades and the higher end is pretty sensitive/unforgiving. So you are essentially left with a jack of all trades but master of none.

No with that being said, I plan on purchasing a NX8 for my "go to"/shtf 16" gun because I'm willing to trade 1x performance for the ability to have an FFP reticle and higher magnification on a rifle that is a "do all" gun. I'm curious as to how the 34mm, 10oz heavier Trijicon Credo 1-8 performs though at 1x and if it'll be worth the weight.
    So, would you say that the 1x on the Razor Gen 2 is better than on the Razor Gen 3?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    So, would you say that the 1x on the Razor Gen 2 is better than on the Razor Gen 3?
    Yes. Absolutely. That is my opinion after comparing them and it’s apparent in the vids I’ve seen.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. That is my opinion after comparing them and it’s apparent in the vids I’ve seen.
    What I'm gathering from this conversation is that these optics should be utilized most of the time at a setting that is suboptimal, i.e. 1x. Or am I missing something?

It seems funny to me that folks have chased after true 1x performance out of a lpvo for so long and, now that it's here, are willing to give up that performance for other strengths in an optic like FFP. I suppose the nature of shooting has evolved along with optics technology.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll be able to get the G2 & G3 Razor's side by side here in about a week when my G3 comes in. The G2 is just phenomenal on 1x there's no other way to describe it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    What I'm gathering from this conversation is that these optics should be utilized most of the time at a setting that is suboptimal, i.e. 1x. Or am I missing something?

It seems funny to me that folks have chased after true 1x performance out of a lpvo for so long and, now that it's here, are willing to give up that performance for other strengths in an optic like FFP. I suppose the nature of shooting has evolved along with optics technology.
    I suppose the only downside to a SFP LPVO is that the bullet drop is no good unless you're at full power. So with the Gen II Razor, for example, you'd have to just estimate the drop if you're between 1 and 5. But I suppose you'd be doing that anyway if you had a red dot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I bet you could bump the Gen 3 to something like 1.1 or 1.2 power and loose the fish eye people are complaining about. You could probably even compensate for this increased magnification by dialing the diopter into the - setting.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I saw no difference after getting the diopter setting right, it was just more picky than the 1-6.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast