Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Maybe if you have one AR but they are different tools for different things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    That optic was more than a few years after the short dot and not in the same class in many respects...image, eyebox, 1x use/brightness. Certainly some advantages over favorites of the day, but not enough to make a bunch of lpvo believers.
    Sure, just saying that that NXS was around 15 years ago and by all accounts was a pretty good optic rugged enough for duty use, even if it didn't match up to the S&B and was probably outclassed by the likes of the Leupold Mk6 a few years later.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Sure, just saying that that NXS was around 15 years ago and by all accounts was a pretty good optic rugged enough for duty use, even if it didn't match up to the S&B and was probably outclassed by the likes of the Leupold Mk6 a few years later.

I honestly can’t remember how long after the short dot the nxs was. I wish more companies tracked their model history like Aimpoint. NF at that time did not have the name recognition it did today so perhaps that’s why I don’t remember it in the conversation. I do remember the 2.5-10x24 not getting peak popularity until it was “discontinued”. The 1-4x got some love later but you’re probably right in that it probably deserved more respect than what it got in the early days.

And part of me still thinks as if 15 years ago means early 2000s...
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 09-27-21 at 13:14.

Feedback Score
    NF was a well respected brand at the time, known for durability, and the scope with the bullet hole in it was floating around the internet. However, they also took for friggin evar to modernize and put out a first focal plane scope. NF and leupold were both stuck in the sfp mil/moa mismatch 1990s and let other brands pass them right by.

I had one of their 1-4x back then, and it was a dog with fleas. It may have been rugged, but the glass was like looking through a fishbowl on 1x. (I say that as a huge fan now, with 1-8x atacr, 4-16x atacr, and 7-35x atacr)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stryker 1-6x24

https://youtu.be/7FAv_nW3jZU

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I follow SupersetCA and saw that video.

Looks like my dream optic actually. I think the 'ideal' 556 carbine optic right now would be like a Razor 2 that went on a diet.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I follow SupersetCA and saw that video.

Looks like my dream optic actually. I think the 'ideal' 556 carbine optic right now would be like a Razor 2 that went on a diet.

For real.

Rather than constantly pushing the 8 and now 10 power erector ratio, someone should go back and think about how to maybe do something like:
    S&B 1-4x that’s say 12oz.
    Razor hd 1-6 that’s 16oz.

All the while giving attention to the MPVO as well rather than stretching the LPVO too thin. A quality 3-15x42mm or 44mm that’s under 24oz…a big ol hell yeah on that too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For real.

Rather than constantly pushing the 8 and now 10 power erector ratio, someone should go back and think about how to maybe do something like:

All the while giving attention to the MPVO as well rather than stretching the LPVO too thin. A quality 3-15x42mm or 44mm that’s under 24oz…a big ol hell yeah on that too.
    https://www.leupold.com/shop/riflesc...hd-rifle-scope

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For real.

Absolutely agree. While I believe 1-8, 1-10 (especially ffp) are great on dmr type rifles or mid range rifles where they will spend less time at 1x...they are not the answer for rifles that will predominantly spend their time at 1x.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    https://www.leupold.com/shop/riflesc...hd-rifle-scope

Should have said…”that’s also not crap and is worth buying”. I almost want to respect some of the things they try then I remember all the stuff I was forced to put up with behind issued Leupolds. They are dead to me.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 09-30-21 at 08:59.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast