Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    For real.

Rather than constantly pushing the 8 and now 10 power erector ratio, someone should go back and think about how to maybe do something like:
    S&B 1-4x that’s say 12oz.
    Razor hd 1-6 that’s 16oz.

All the while giving attention to the MPVO as well rather than stretching the LPVO too thin. A quality 3-15x42mm or 44mm that’s under 24oz…a big ol hell yeah on that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Absolutely agree. While I believe 1-8, 1-10 (especially ffp) are great on dmr type rifles or mid range rifles where they will spend less time at 1x...they are not the answer for rifles that will predominantly spend their time at 1x.
    Agree as well. I really liked my Razor 1-10 and only sold it to swap to the MRAD reticle but then bought other stuff in the meantime. Eventually I’ll put one on the 14.5 KAC Mod 2 upper.

In the meantime though, I’d still love the razor 1-6 to be trimmed down to a lighter variant with an easier turning zoom ring and maybe a similar reticle to the Gen III for my 11.5 Mod 2. I know lots of people think SFP at 1-6 and under makes sense and I don’t disagree, but I do wish the Gen II reticle had more features of the Gen III.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Agree as well. I really liked my Razor 1-10 and only sold it to swap to the MRAD reticle but then bought other stuff in the meantime. Eventually I’ll put one on the 14.5 KAC Mod 2 upper.

In the meantime though, I’d still love the razor 1-6 to be trimmed down to a lighter variant with an easier turning zoom ring and maybe a similar reticle to the Gen III for my 11.5 Mod 2. I know lots of people think SFP at 1-6 and under makes sense and I don’t disagree, but I do wish the Gen II reticle had more features of the Gen III.

SFP also generally lighter and brighter than FFP.

No reason Vortex can't come up with a "dumbed down" EBR reticle for this hypothetical Gen III 1-6 SFP.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Should have said…”that’s also not crap and is worth buying”. I almost want to respect some of the things they try then I remember all the stuff I was forced to put up with behind issued Leupolds. They are dead to me.
    Same, their current consumer offerings suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    SFP also generally lighter and brighter than FFP.

No reason Vortex can't come up with a "dumbed down" EBR reticle for this hypothetical Gen III 1-6 SFP.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I’d take an EBR reticle in a current Gen II 1-6.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

King of the LPvO's - 2021

When 1-6 razor went to the “E” models, users experienced durability issues.
    I’ve had several of the non-E’s and have had no problems.
    I also have no problem with the weight of the razors.
    For a light, daylight bright SFP 1-6, I believe something like the new gen2 1-6 viper is what you’re looking for. Perhaps with an updated reticle. And it’s cheap. Not too long ago, you couldn’t touch a decent 1-6 for under $1,000.
    Last edited by dan1612; 09-30-21 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I remember on Garand Thumb's review of the Gen II, he said something about wishing that the 1-6 could be converted to a duel power: Ether 1 or 6, since he rarely ever spent time in 2-5x. It would be interesting to see a lightened Gen II with maybe an option for a ring that simply snaps from 1 to 6 like an Elcan, rather than being fully variable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I actually spent a lot of time on 3x or 4x. It allows for faster transitions if I can see the next target.

Elcans are not light…

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    You want a trim 1-6x? Kahles K16i.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    THIS.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    For that much money I’d rather stick with the weight and get the Razor 1-10 though.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve never understood why people fuss about weight as much as they do. Let’s be honest, 99% of people carry it from the safe, to the truck, to the bench.
    I’ve ran a Trijicon 1-4, Leupold 1-6, and the razor in multigun. The 10ish ounce difference, on a nearly 10lb rifle is not that big of a deal IMO.
    At work, I’ve never carried my rifle for more than a couple of hours, but that one has a red dot. Yet again, with 40lbs of gear, I don’t think the 10oz difference would’ve mattered even if the patrol or perimeter or whatever was longer…

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast