Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You think the NX8 has a better 1x than the Razor? How much time do you have on the Razor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think both you and I have agreed that the 1x on the Razor gen3 and 1-6x are very comparable. And considering that the 1x on the Razor 1-6x is considered a gold standard for 1x performance you probably arent going to beat that unless you are stepping up in price with euro glass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I think both you and I have agreed that the 1x on the Razor gen3 and 1-6x are very comparable. And considering that the 1x on the Razor 1-6x is considered a gold standard for 1x performance you probably arent going to beat that unless you are stepping up in price with euro glass.
    When I tried the Razor Gen3, I found the fisheye on the 1x kind of disorienting. Are all LPVOs like that on 1x, or is that just the Razor? And, do you get used to it?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    When I tried the Razor Gen3, I found the fisheye on the 1x kind of disorienting. Are all LPVOs like that on 1x, or is that just the Razor? And, do you get used to it?
    Sure you had the diopter set right for your eyes? Can make a huge difference in the “flatness” of the 1x image, even if the reticle is in focus through a fairly wide adjustment range.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Sure you had the diopter set right for your eyes? Can make a huge difference in the “flatness” of the 1x image, even if the reticle is in focus through a fairly wide adjustment range.
    Yup. I had to mess with it a lot more on the 1-10 than the 1-6. Until I did, it was not great and I was disappointed in the 1-10 but once I got it fixed, it was great.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    I probably didn't. I didn't get too much time behind it. But that does make sense; I know it will never be as "flat" as a RDS and that has been noted by many. But if I just needed to adjust it, that's good to know as I was starting to think maybe the problem was that LPVOs just weren't for me (right now, they're not anyway due to costing a lot of money and me having no money).
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I am still partial to the Trijicon accupower 1-8. I had two and sold one like an idiot.

I know they rebranded it I don’t remember the new name.

I think I am going to start moving most of my rifles over to these and the Vortex 1-10 based on which ones I can get.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm not a lemming running off a cliff for the latest and greatest. So after use and consideration of what I want, the NX-8 is my pick, I own several. Diopter setup can be pick but when you get it right, you know. Yeah, the Razor is better and 1x, but it's longer, heavier and more expensive for the 1-10.

I recommend anyone get behind as many as you can before buying if possible, otherwise you might have to buy / sell / buy / sell a couple of times.

Just because the Tactical Tommy's prefer something doesn't mean it'll be your preference. I mean yeah, you'll need to have one if you want to post on IG and Twatter, but anyone with a life avoids those like the plague.

Feedback Score
    In your price range, with the parameters you mentioned, and your .mil discount, i think the Vortex Gen 3 Razor is hard to beat. That would be my recommendation.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I am still partial to the Trijicon accupower 1-8. I had two and sold one like an idiot.

I know they rebranded it I don’t remember the new name.

Credo
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Credo
    The Trijicon marketing dept really went downhill.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast