Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeheadAR View Post
    I watched that yesterday. Seems similar to the NX8 but only 6x max. I do like the Christmas tree BDC reticle in the DVO more.
    Not even, the NX8 is tiny and lightweight. This thing is a heavy pig. Seems to me the only up sides are it is tough as nails, has an OK reticle and a pretty color. Persoanlly I'd rather have the NX8.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Not even, the NX8 is tiny and lightweight. This thing is a heavy pig. Seems to me the only up sides are it is tough as nails, has an OK reticle and a pretty color. Persoanlly I'd rather have the NX8.
    Capped turrets are important to me for a patrol-type optic. The NX8 is uncapped elevation. Or more correctly the fully capped version is LE sales only. Why?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Capped turrets are important to me for a patrol-type optic. The NX8 is uncapped elevation. Or more correctly the fully capped version is LE sales only. Why?

I bought the fully capped version from mile high shooting. I believe night force reserves the capped versions for le but they can actually be sold to anyone.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Yep the Tango is more like a Razor 1-6x, while the NX8 gives up FOV at 1x for smaller and lighter weight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yep the Tango is more like a Razor 1-6x, while the NX8 gives up FOV at 1x for smaller and lighter weight.
    I think that largely depends on which version of the Tango6T we’re talking about. The SFP “Hellfire” version appears to be much like the Razor. The video references the FFP version, which looks like it whiffs pretty hard on illumination.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's another Razor-ish scope on the market from a company called Delta. It is the Stryker 1-6x24. Japanese with a fairly simple Mil based crosshair. Illuminated and capped turrets. Price is about $800 and the scope is three or four ounces lighter than the Razor. Probably the biggest downside to the Stryker is that it doesn't have a locking illumination dial. Is that a deal breaker?

Ilya aka Dark Lord of Optics like the Delta and it has gotten good reviews on other parts of the internet. Does anyone here have one?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There's another Razor-ish scope on the market from a company called Delta. It is the Stryker 1-6x24. Japanese with a fairly simple Mil based crosshair. Illuminated and capped turrets. Price is about $800 and the scope is three or four ounces lighter than the Razor. Probably the biggest downside to the Stryker is that it doesn't have a locking illumination dial. Is that a deal breaker?

Ilya aka Dark Lord of Optics like the Delta and it has gotten good reviews on other parts of the internet. Does anyone here have one?

This is an extremely interesting optic for sure.

I for one think that vortex's locking illum is a majorly underrated feature. Pair the locking illum with the vortex warranty (versus the 10yr delta warranty) and it's hard for me to NOT save for the Razor. Perhaps that would be a different story if I actually got some time behind the Delta.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hypno02 View Post
    This is an extremely interesting optic for sure.

I for one think that vortex's locking illum is a majorly underrated feature. Pair the locking illum with the vortex warranty (versus the 10yr delta warranty) and it's hard for me to NOT save for the Razor. Perhaps that would be a different story if I actually got some time behind the Delta.
    Don't discount the weight savings.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have one, don't have much time behind it. But I like it so far. I have a very small amount of time behind a Razor HD 1-6x. The Razor seemed better in most ways except dot brightness (about a tie), weight, and price. But the short time I had with it, based my memory of the Razor, it didn't seem a lot better than Delta.

Here's what I wrote on the thread on Snipershide.com after my initial session with the scope.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...r-1-6.7023283/

Finally made it to the range yesterday. Here are my initial thoughts on the Delta Stryker HD 1-6x24 after about 2 hours of use.

Measured weight with battery & throw lever - 17.8 ounces

Reticle: 1 mil hash marks, heavy enough - but not too heavy. Except on 1x trying to use it like a red dot I used it w/o illumination because it didn't need it.

Mil reticle/MOA turrets: As a practical matter its not an issue for me after zeroing because I'm going to use the reticle, but very peculiar for 2020.

Red Dot: red dot is Aimpoint-bright on highest setting. Really Aim Point bright directly compared w/ an Aimpoint M3. I am going to pop a new battery in the scope and see how long it lasts on the highest setting because that thing is bright.

Eye Relief: listed as 3.8-4.1 inches, felt longer for some reason. With extended scope mount still had to adjust the stock out a couple of holes to maintain proper eye relief.

Eye box: Seems unremarkable to me; not tight, not overly generous.

Clarity: On 1X the “middle half” of the FOV is very clear, clarity falls off in the outer ¼ “halo. The outer softness is not really any different from other mid-priced LVPO optics I’ve seen. Zooming to 4x to 6x nearly the entire field of view is very clear.

FOV: I didn’t find the manufacturer’s specs on this, but from 1x to 4x it looked nearly identical to my Meopta 1-4x KDot. I’ve used the Meoptas for about 15 years and never found myself slighted by the field of view.

I was shooting for a couple of hours in mid-day light, so I have no comment on its low-light performance. I didn’t do any “durability” testing, so I can’t comment on how it will hold up over time. For me, the strengths of the scope are the bright red dot and the reticle which is great even w/o illumination. I like the reticle & illumination better than the Vortex Viper PST II 1-6x, which was the other scope I was considering. I even like the reticle better than the one on the Razor 1-6x mil (although in my very, very short time with the Razor it seemed better in every other way except dot brightness (about a tie), weight, and, of course, price).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_f View Post
    I like the reticle & illumination better than the Vortex Viper PST II 1-6x, which was the other scope I was considering. I even like the reticle better than the one on the Razor 1-6x mil (although in my very, very short time with the Razor it seemed better in every other way except dot brightness (about a tie), weight, and, of course, price).
    I'm not a huge fan of the VMR-2 reticle. Pretty much nothing more than a plain old reticle with a fiber optic dot. Yes. The illumination is bright and useful but the reticle itself provides pretty much no information.

I'd like to see Vortex update the Viper and Razor lines with some version of the EBR reticle. Kind of like what Nightforce does with the ATACR and NX8 reticles.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast