Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone do Action Steel?

Feedback Score
    Not very real world imho.
    Nothing is real world except the real world.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Nothing is real world except the real world.
    True...but some more real than others.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    True...but some more real than others.
    ...and you never go out to a square range and punch holes in paper?

Steel Challenge is a great place to get a feel for trigger reset and target transition.

USPSA, IDPA, 3-gun... and even paper targets on a square range... all have something to teach you.

...certainly more so that sitting around the house because the match that weekend isn’t “real world” enough.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    ...and you never go out to a square range and punch holes in paper?

Steel Challenge is a great place to get a feel for trigger reset and target transition.

USPSA, IDPA, 3-gun... and even paper targets on a square range... all have something to teach you.

...certainly more so that sitting around the house because the match that weekend isn’t “real world” enough.
    ...again...true...but with ammo being as scarce as it is and also having other responsibilities and time dedicated to other things in life, you gotta kinda pick your poison.

I also mentioned fun as being a very important part of the equation. For me, zero movement = not so fun. For you, maybe not...and that's fine too. No judgement here.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Look up "Spartan 300" in Sparta Illinois. 300 pts total, 10 stages of 26 targets each. It was super fun and has lots of different stages, some with stupid tight par times. Lot of running around. A match worth waiting around for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Look up "Spartan 300" in Sparta Illinois. 300 pts total, 10 stages of 26 targets each. It was super fun and has lots of different stages, some with stupid tight par times. Lot of running around. A match worth waiting around for.
    Very cool! I like the team aspect of it. Nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12