Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally get to post about my latest 20” rifle

Feedback Score

Finally get to post about my latest 20” rifle

This one started off as an extra barrel for my xtc rifle. I’ve had it for about a year now but kept changing a few things and its finally complete. I mounted the bipod the day before hurricane Ida ripped us a new one down here.
    It’s purpose was to build a soft shooting rig that is equally at home on a bench, hunting, or as a backup/loaner rifle for xtc matches. I really like the weight and balance of it for offhand without the bipod.
    It’s not pictured but I also have a green streamlight game spotter, match pinned carry handle, and front sight. I’m about 400 rounds into it without a single issue. It just runs great and is very accurate.

20” Wilson service rifle barrel
    BCM upper receiver counterbored for pinned match carry handle.
    ADM recon 20 moa mount
    Trijicon Credo HX 1-4 with moa reticle
    CMMG A1 stock kit
    Geissele super 42 spring
    WOA gas block
    WOA gas tube
    RRA 2 stage match trigger and lower parts kit
    Flash hider from parts box
    BCM QMR rail
    AO precision bolt
    Delton stripped lower I bought back in 2010
    Magpul Bipod

Feedback Score
    THAT sir is pretty cool... Well done.

Curious about the 'match carry handle'.

I know what the pinning stuff is but curious what else you did and how you like it.

Venturing a guess that if you got one pinned and the upper counterbored - you did other cool stuff as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    THAT sir is pretty cool... Well done.

Curious about the 'match carry handle'.

I know what the pinning stuff is but curious what else you did and how you like it.

Venturing a guess that if you got one pinned and the upper counterbored - you did other cool stuff as well.

I bought the carry handle already set up for high power. It has 1/2 moa elevation and 1/2 windage, the sight has more elevation adjustment than a standard carry handle. I may be wrong on this but I think it uses an A2 rear sight. I had to counterbore the receiver because at 200 yard zero the threads protrude past flush. It also has a had a Bob Jones style aperture with 5 different size peep inserts. It’s fun for the 200/300 yard line, but my eyes wash everything out at 600 yards and that’s why it wears the 1-4 credo now lol.
    Here is a pic of it cranked up some and you can see the pin as well.
    I didn’t include a photo of the aperture because I’ve since replaced it with a standard rear sight aperture.

Last edited by DixieGuns; 09-29-21 at 06:18.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That's a righteous 20.

Who did the counter-bore hole in your upper?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    That's a righteous 20.

Who did the counter-bore hole in your upper?
    Thanks!
    I did it myself with a stubby length center cut carbide end mill and drill press.
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 09-29-21 at 12:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieGuns View Post
    Thanks!
    I did it myself with a stubby length center cut carbide end mill and drill press.
    Yep, That is freakin nice!

Have one set up very similar from CLE with the hooded aperture + all the inserts, 1/2 moa increments and all of the different front sight posts.

Aim small and miss small! LOL!

That pin job looks fantastic. Awesome work YOU did on the counterboring as well. Very clean job you did there sir!

ETA: Welcome to the site sir!
    Last edited by DG23; 09-29-21 at 19:20.

Feedback Score
    DixieGuns, great looking build you did there! Sounds like it shoots as good as it looks!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Yep, That is freakin nice!

Have one set up very similar from CLE with the hooded aperture + all the inserts, 1/2 moa increments and all of the different front sight posts.

Aim small and miss small! LOL!

That pin job looks fantastic. Awesome work YOU did on the counterboring as well. Very clean job you did there sir!

ETA: Welcome to the site sir!
    Thanks. I started shooting XTC matches about 3 years ago. I shot my first match with a borrowed A2 and when I hit the 10 ring at 600 yards I was hooked. I now use a scope, but I still enjoy shoot irons every now and then. I removed my hooded aperture and just went with a standard sight leaf because my eyes wash out to quickly with the tiny holes(sucks getting old..lol). I may start a new thread on my match rifle build.

Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post
    DixieGuns, great looking build you did there! Sounds like it shoots as good as it looks!
    Thanks. Yes it does shoot great. I have no photos to back up my claims, but with 77gr SMK’s its definitely sub moa, and if I hand feed it 80’s that sit .004 off the lands, it becomes a real tack driver.

Feedback Score
    Double post.
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 10-03-21 at 07:55. Reason: Double posted

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    AWESOME rifle...well done sir.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast