Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is .45 Obsolete (Mas Ayoob)?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If nothing else, it is not obsolete for writing clickbait articles...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    .25ACP is obsolete, .45ACP not so much.
    *Gasp!* (Clutches pearls!)

My pocket and loading press disagree!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I've liked reading Mas for 30 years, but HE will be obsolete, CENTURIES before the .45acp is.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Obsolete?, not anymore than revolvers or lever actions. As a self defense auto pistol cartridge it may be getting obsolescent in a very slow way, but obsolete, um no.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I've liked reading Mas for 30 years, but HE will be obsolete, CENTURIES before the .45acp is.
    Ayoob is a band wagon jumper. Always has been. One min he was all about 45 and then 9mm and then back to 45. Chuck Taylor exposed him years ago. Chuck Taylor has always been a 45 guy. He also is the one that put 350,000 rounds through 1 Glock 17 that is now on display at Glock.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    I hear it all the time from 9mm shooters at work and I laugh. Every time there is a major FBI shooting where the 9mm fails to stop a bad guy, they will go running around with their hair on fire to find the next magic bullet that their female officers can handle instead of holding higher standards for employment. Why I don't care what the FBI says, they went to 10mm after the last time the 9mm was a disaster and they were forced to develop a new round called the 40SW that their female officers still couldn't handle and retreated by to the 9mm. They went to 9mm for a compromise, not because it was the better round. The 45acp is a very effective round even in a FMJ and bullet tech has also increased for the 45 as well. The 45ACP isnt as powerful as it is shown in Bruce Willis movie the "Last man standing but it certainly has more energy in my eyes.

Feedback Score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I hear it all the time from 9mm shooters at work and I laugh. Every time there is a major FBI shooting where the 9mm fails to stop a bad guy, they will go running around with their hair on fire to find the next magic bullet that their female officers can handle instead of holding higher standards for employment. Why I don't care what the FBI says, they went to 10mm after the last time the 9mm was a disaster and they were forced to develop a new round called the 40SW that their female officers still couldn't handle and retreated by to the 9mm. They went to 9mm for a compromise, not because it was the better round. The 45acp is a very effective round even in a FMJ and bullet tech has also increased for the 45 as well. The 45ACP isnt as powerful as it is shown in Bruce Willis movie the "Last man standing but it certainly has more energy in my eyes.
    Imagine having 5 pages of thread you don't bother to read just to rehash every trope about 9mm made since the 90's and sound this dumb on the internet.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 11-22-21 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Lol are we still on that female small hands thing? I guess the fact that S&W 1076 having function issues with the original load didn't matter. And the fact that the when the original load was downloaded, in order to function in the 1076, it was found that the case could also be trimmed back and stuffed in a smaller gun while keeping the same ballistics! Nope! It's the tiny hands.

What's even more funny is how the FBI went to 9 (after several decades) to compromise. So what happened with the women in those several decades? Also, curious how you compromise from Glock 22 to Glock 17? Theres no difference in grip. The guns have identical dimensions.

The other thing I'm curious on is what happens to men with small hands? Should LE agencies have a hand size qualifications? Like when you apply you first have to put your hand in a special mold. If it's smaller you're automatically disqualified regardless of your actual abilities?! I mean there's no shortage of grown men who consider the Glock 17, Sig 226, Beretta 92 Glock 20 grips to be too big. What do you do then? Issue something like a SW Shield and a purse to carry it in?

And why not issue bigger? A 357mag, 44mag or 50AE are all more powerful than the 10mm and come in semi automatic handgun with grips for manly hands! And it holds about the same amount of ammo as the 1076.

Do we discount all the times the 45 didn't do anything the 9 didn't?

And I'm glad we use such stringent testing as "isn't as powerful as shown in the movie" along with your eyes!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 11-21-21 at 09:29.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Did anyone jumping on him actually read the article? I'll ignore the Senior citizen font of the article and the use of a preposition to start his conclusion sentence.

And when you consider everything and weigh that balance, you may well find that the .45 ACP is nowhere near as obsolete as some say it is.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast