Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is .45 Obsolete (Mas Ayoob)?

Feedback Score

Is .45 Obsolete (Mas Ayoob)?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Gun rag writers are worse than firearms instructors when it comes to trying to reinvent the wheel. Damn! I just had a flashback to Costa's silly rifle holding nonsense.
    Have you seen this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Have you seen this one?
    Neither of those are unique to Costa or originated by him though. Popularized to the masses, maybe. I think it was the FLETC SSTP where I first saw the technique in the top photo, which is an outgrowth of reactive shooting/thumbs forward handgun methods. Variations of the strong and support hands in bottom photo have been taught in precision rifle courses for a long time.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Neither of those are unique to Costa or originated by him though. Popularized to the masses, maybe. I think it was the FLETC SSTP where I first saw the technique in the top photo, which is an outgrowth of reactive shooting/thumbs forward handgun methods. Variations of the strong and support hands in bottom photo have been taught in precision rifle courses for a long time.
    I saw a photo demonstrating the technique, like the top Costa photo in this thread, in military training materials in the 1970's. The training materials were from the late 1960's.

Edit: I just spoke with a buddy who served with me and he referred to the grip as the SHTF grip. Support Hand Thumb Forward, which we learned in 1978 with the M-14.
    Last edited by T2C; 01-19-22 at 14:59. Reason: Updated Info
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    And you would think that people would notice the fact he’s using two different optics in both pictures. Hence two different scenarios and two different outcomes.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was practicing that barricade stance one time and someone (non-shooter I think) just started laughing out loud. I didn't even bother to explain.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I was practicing that barricade stance one time and someone (non-shooter I think) just started laughing out loud. I didn't even bother to explain.
    Strong side barricade position, strong knee up supporting strong elbow, support hand and rifle braced on the barricade.
    Neckbeard in the background noting to his cohort how jacked up I was, wrong knee down, stressing my barrel and changing impact of my rounds, blah blah blah.

People are a victim of their own experience. Or lack thereof.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post

I've used that technique shooting High Power with a M1A. A thick shooting jacket, with heavy sweatshirt underneath, is also nice to wear on a 97 degree day.
    Train 2 Win

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678