Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 hunting season plans?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

2021 hunting season plans?

Anyone draw good tags or have big trips planned?

I'm waiting on most big game tags to be drawn (pronghorn, deer, elk). I struck out on bighorn (expected obviously).

Got a pup at the trainer getting schooled up, and running my others to keep them in shape. Got some big bird trips planned (multiple quail species, ptarmigan, and the usual grousepalooza).

Let's here'em!

I'm hoping to draw another aoudad hunt too, but that's a long shot.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to get my boys down to Texas and do some hog hunting at some point; hopefully helping out someone who's property is being overrun with the beasts.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I kicked off 2021 with a once in a life time Bison tag in Alaska. Took me 20 years to draw and I can't apply again for 10 more years. Over 500 miles by snowmobile from my house. Remote winter camp. My son and three best friends along with me. Not a monster bison, but the adventure was the story. bison.jpg

My other really good friend was trapped in Maryland so he couldn't come along. I flew down to his place in April and whacked a nice turkey.

turkey.jpg

Been a good year so far. I guess moose will be next in September.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Very cool!

I wish I could talk my family into moving to Alaska. Hunting dall sheep every year would be unbelievable. From the outside looking in, excluding the no sunlight stretch it looks like a hunters paradise

My 2021 started off great as well with an Aoudad hunt in texas. 9 sheep killed, one 30" ram, and another 29" ram.
    Last edited by J-Dub; 06-08-21 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well I didn't draw any great tags. Couple of antelope and a cow elk tag. Hopefully I can fill those early and hunt upland birds a bunch this year.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I put in for Deer and Turkey, I pray I get drawn. AZ does have OTC deer, turkey archery tags for purchase. So you can hunt both at the same time, which is pretty cool.

Oh yes, and I always Dove and quail hunt. We have an early season in Sept then opens back up after Thanksgiving.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-21-21 at 15:58.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I put in for Deer and Turkey, I pray I get drawn. AZ does have OTC deer, turkey archery tags for purchase. So you can hunt both at the same time, which is pretty cool.

Oh yes, and I always Dove and quail hunt. We have an early season in Sept then opens back up after Thanksgiving.

PB
    I was hoping yall would get some moisture this year, but unless the monsoons really pick up, it looks rough. I really want to hunt mearns.

I'll probably head to KS, OK, and TX instead.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    I'd like to get my boys down to Texas and do some hog hunting at some point; hopefully helping out someone who's property is being overrun with the beasts.
    Unfortunately it doesn’t really work like that, you gotta pay. I have a good guide north of DFW if you’re interested. He’ll put you on the best duck hunting of your life as well.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    That Bison hunt sounds bad ass! Congratulations.
    My plan is to hopefully close on and owned the deer hunting property I’ve hunted the last 20 years and continue getting some nice deer but actually owing the property. I also plan to pheasant hunt a lot with my 4 year old shorthair and her 10 month old nephew. His training is going good exceptionally well.

Feedback Score
    Well, duh, I'll be heading out to help in Ohio as, clearly, Alphasig is unable to figure out how to hunt coyotes; even with his thermal kit. I mean "only" 86? Let's step it up man, maybe take some lessons. Improve your aim possibly?
    Last edited by rocsteady; 07-27-21 at 21:09.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast