Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ejector Tension

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Except that the gauge tells you how soon the spring is going to be out of spec. Numbers don't lie, and are much more concrete than "good 'nuf."
    The gauge in the picture appeared to me to be able to measure weight pushing or pulling. Neat way to measure such a small spring...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    The local smith close to me basically goes by feel and flicking a empty case. He is the go to dude around home. About all he works on is AR's and AK's that is his thing.

Also I enjoy your posts, you ask alot of tech questions and I really enjoy reading the answers.

Thanks.
    I'm just grateful when people share their knowledge and expertise and I appreciate your comment.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I'm just grateful when people share their knowledge and expertise and I appreciate your comment.
    I wish I had more information for you tho, & I am also grateful for the knowledge folks share, this is a awesome place to learn.

Feedback Score
    http://diy-defense.blogspot.com/2015...l-jig.html?m=1

Figure this is relevant to this post, a 300BO case will snap right over the 5/16 all thread. This jig makes ejector spring changes much easier.

5/16”x2” brass bolts are in most every toilet setting kit aka Johnny Bolts. I had a tough time finding individual 5/16” brass bolts at the local hardware stores. No need to search just get a toilet bolt kit.

This is the kit to mount the bowl to the floor not the bowl to the tank.
    Last edited by 99cobra2881; 05-31-21 at 23:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99cobra2881 View Post
    http://diy-defense.blogspot.com/2015...l-jig.html?m=1

Figure this is relevant to this post, a 300BO case will snap right over the 5/16 all thread. This jig makes ejector spring changes much easier.

5/16”x2” brass bolts are in most every toilet setting kit aka Johnny Bolts. I had a tough time finding individual 5/16” brass bolts at the local hardware stores. No need to search just get a toilet bolt kit.

This is the kit to mount the bowl to the floor not the bowl to the tank.
    Thank you for that, I have everything to make one except the 300 BO Case and I can fix that soon as I get to my Girlfriends house this evening.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    What is the method for checking that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjE50cBXUXM&t=76s

Feedback Score
    I haven't posted in years, but still follow the forum. In any case, I have Nidec-Shimpo MFD-05 that measures up to 45lb. I checked a spare SAA AR-15/M16 nitride bolt assembly I have. I carefully pushed straight in on the ejector until it was depressed to be even with the bolt face. I checked it three times, and I got 12lbs each time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123