I couldn’t help myself and dropped a chunk of my tax return on a 10.5 inch Troy pistol, completely with SB3 brace. One of my motivates for buying the complete gun is I’m too indecisive to be a good builder—I’d prefer to get a total package and swap out parts as I need too, rather than figure out what rail/muzzle device/brace etc. I will probably go with an Eotech for an optic, unless I find a Memorial Day deal on a T2 I can’t pass up.

So, otherwise than muzzle blast and being loud, what should I know? I’ve fired about a magazine through a friends MK18 “clone” and I remember it being noticeably louder than my 14.5 gun, but that was a few years back. I’m personally still a skeptic on the benefits of shorter barrels—but I figure I should have at least one, since everyone else in the AR community seems to love them. And of course I want a pistol now that I’m not sure they’ll be available in the future as easily as they are now. I’m not opposed to SBRing the gun, if I decide I like it and want to make it anything more than a range toy.