Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARMY OF THE DEAD (Review)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ARMY OF THE DEAD (Review)

Seen one zombie movie, you seen them all, and that is how it feels watching Army Of The Dead and why I watch so few of them. Lots of graphic shots of heads exploding (cuz everyone knows only killing the brain stops zombies in an already dead creature...), standardized and generic plot, mix of generic characters, and of course a dad just trying to make good with his head strong daughter between exploding zombie heads. Good visuals and action scenes, an un dead tiger, and it is The Walking Dead meets Zombie Land kinda feel with Vegas theme, and harmless fun if you are a fan of generic zombie movies. B-

Last edited by WillBrink; 05-24-21 at 08:41.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Watched it on Saturday night.

Sometimes you just need mindless entertainment. I like the zombie leader idea they kinda lifted from I Am Legend.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I watched it Saturday night and wasn’t expecting much. There were good parts and of course the typical tropes.

I liked the “Area 51” theme at the beginning, I also liked the Alpha leader with the sacrifice to pass through their area, the safe cracker character was funny. Gun play was terrible ...i hate the multiple “click click click” when they’re empty. They never explained why the alphas had a “blue” fluorescent hue inside their brain and eyes. I typically really like Zach Snyder, I’m with Will solid B or B-.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

Sometimes you just need mindless entertainment. I like the zombie leader idea they kinda lifted from I Am Legend.
    Entire movie pretty much lifted from the other thousand zombie movies really. As mindless entertainment with some good visuals, it succeeds. Otherwise, meh for me, but I am not a big fan of the zombie genre anyway.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score

Also land of the dead, they had a one kinda of charge directing other zombies. Its a pretty good zombie movie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I watched it Saturday night and wasn’t expecting much. There were good parts and of course the typical tropes.

I liked the “Area 51” theme at the beginning, I also liked the Alpha leader with the sacrifice to pass through their area, the safe cracker character was funny. Gun play was terrible ...i hate the multiple “click click click” when they’re empty. They never explained why the alphas had a “blue” fluorescent hue inside their brain and eyes. I typically really like Zach Snyder, I’m with Will solid B or B-.
    The click click click thing happens all the time, its really annoying. At one point someone in the movie was pointing a glock at the camera, pressed the trigger, gun went click THEN the slide locked back. Like WTF?

The way the movie ended I would imagine there being at least one sequel. Maybe we'll find out in the sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Entire movie pretty much lifted from the other thousand zombie movies really. As mindless entertainment with some good visuals, it succeeds. Otherwise, meh for me, but I am not a big fan of the zombie genre anyway.
    Sometimes you just need one of those movies where you can just drink a beer and not have to think.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Sometimes you just need one of those movies where you can just drink a beer and not have to think.
    As long as they dont totally suck, I am ok with that too.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As long as they dont totally suck, I am ok with that too.
    With all these streaming services making their own content now there are so many crappy movies out there and I watch them all. Why? Because I love crappy movies lol.

Edit: crappy movies that have a theme based in some sort of action or violence.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For those that aren't aware, this movie has been basically in the works since the release of Dawn of the Dead in 2004. I'm glad it finally got made and I didn't think it was too bad.

There were a lot of hiccups and roadblocks along the way, with a big one being Chris Delia being outed as a potential molester in 2020, after the movie was completed. His original character was the helicopter pilot, which had to be reshot on a green screen with the ugly lesbian that replaced him, and that took some time and millions of dollars.

I give it a solid B.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Recently watched it as well. I watch movies because I don't really 'want' to think but usually end up yelling at the TV anyway..."in the head, moron!"

I just want to be entertained, shoot-em-ups, good graphics or just something funny. Or old Westerns, can't go wrong there.

I'm starting to warm-up to Bautista as an actor, even though I think he's more left-leaning (someone check me on that...). I met him once years ago when I was working in a gym in NoVa, seemed to be a nice enough dude.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast