Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Oh I thought you meant folks who don’t get paid to advertise.

Any regular Joe’s you know of that have done the same?
    I'm this guy! I'm the regular Joe who can afford and own many of those optics, instead of buying yet another RMR, I bought the Holosun HS507c V2. It also *Gasp* plays much better with my astigmatism

I wonder if people feel this strongly about Streamlight, or O-light? I personally won't buy O-light from personal issues experienced, not because of Country of manufacture.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    At least Streamlight does make some stuff here and more importantly they are an American company that has factories in China that Chinese build to Streamlight specs. Holosun is a Chinese company employing Chinese in China. Idk if that matters to the holosun haters or not but it irks me and it’s why I keep backing away. Holosun is easier for me to afford too.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Oh I thought you meant folks who don’t get paid to advertise.

Any regular Joe’s you know of that have done the same?
    Local USPSA guys don't count as regular Joes? Okay.

Also, I'm not aware of Fisher or Chambers being paid for their Holosun recommendations. I've spoken with Fisher regularly, and his recommendation for Holosun as best I can tell is genuine preference. Same with Chambers, with my limited interactions with him (though I disagree with his assessment methods). I don't give two shits about celebrity endorsements, but the Holosuns appear to be sincere recommendations, rather than financially motivated (and won't change my preference for Aimpoint).
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    At least Streamlight does make some stuff here and more importantly they are an American company that has factories in China that Chinese build to Streamlight specs. Holosun is a Chinese company employing Chinese in China. Idk if that matters to the holosun haters or not but it irks me and it’s why I keep backing away. Holosun is easier for me to afford too.
    I can't find out if Holosun is manufacturing anything at all out of Walnut, CA, or if that is just their US base.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    That’d be interesting
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So, anyway, when are the P2s expected to show up at dealers?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    So, anyway, when are the P2s expected to show up at dealers?
    I've been told August.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Atei said September when I called yesterday

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Atei said September when I called yesterday
    I heard early September from Eurooptic as well

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    People can't cherry pick. Look at everything you own that you actually can buy American, like American made clothing or shoes. There's a reason why Levi's last American factory closed for good.
    No one is cherry picking. The reality is that the West has sold it's soul(production soul) to China in exchange for profit. No one offshores their product to China for the superior quality. They do it for labour costs. Actively choosing to avoid Chinese products where possible is what I'm saying and I'm sure other are as well. Going China free is impossible in this day and age.

I want to get my first dot and I have to say I’m stuck in the same China issue. Lots of ppl use em and they’re much more affordable but I have read plenty of them not working right lately AND …CHINA.
    I know, I own other Chinese made stuff. We all do. Some are American companies with Chinese factories. That seems more acceptable than Chinese company Chinese factory.

Maybe I’m being silly and missing out on saving $200-300 and getting (hopefully) a great dot.
    Some people really don't understand business at all. It makes ZERO difference if the company is American/British/Swedish etc. If they have their products built in China then your money is going to CHINA. You are funding the CCP and all the atrocities they commit. Buying what you can that isn't made in that shit hole means you're not funding them as much as others. Look at it like a China debt load. Lower your debt load, don't buy Chinese. Not to mention the quality or rather the lack thereof in their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    There are plenty of folks that have deliberately picked Holosuns over Trijicon optics even when money is no object, e.g., Steve Fisher, Joe Chambers, etc. Seen it locally with USPSA guys, too, who take off SROs, RMRs, and/or DPPs for Holosuns.
    Sure, but the vast majority that choose holosun are the same crowd that choose Vortex. "Great warranty, and it's cheaper! But just as good as..." Only fact in that tired line is the cost up front is less. In the long run they cost more.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast