Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’m excited to be disappointed again. Hope AP proves me wrong this time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockWRX View Post
    I have a pre-order as well. I reached out to Eurooptic and they said ship date is now October.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    Crap. I just got my Glock 17 Gen 4 slide back from Jaegerworks. I had it milled just for the ACRO. Oh well, the plain black Dawson sights are still on back order.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    I’m excited to be disappointed again. Hope AP proves me wrong this time.
    What exactly are you planning on being disappointed by?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    What exactly are you planning on being disappointed by?
    The same things that made the first gen of the Acro a disappointment.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The same things that made the first gen of the Acro a disappointment.
    And what things were those? The only real gripe I can think of is the battery life, and even then, I thought it was way overblown, and beyond that, perfectly obvious if you simply just do a modicum of research as to the 1225 battery. Given that the P-1's battery life was basically right on target with your typical Aimpoint's battery life if you simply extrapolated down to the size of the CR1225, I see no reason why we would be disappointed by the P-2 on that front, particularly when it has the exact same published battery life as a T-2.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    And what things were those? The only real gripe I can think of is the battery life, and even then, I thought it was way overblown, and beyond that, perfectly obvious if you simply just do a modicum of research as to the 1225 battery. Given that the P-1's battery life was basically right on target with your typical Aimpoint's battery life if you simply extrapolated down to the size of the CR1225, I see no reason why we would be disappointed by the P-2 on that front, particularly when it has the exact same published battery life as a T-2.
    lol exactly

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I was answering for contax. His was lasting like 12 days before dying. It was ridiculous.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-05-21 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockWRX View Post
    I have a pre-order as well. I reached out to Eurooptic and they said ship date is now October.
    This is correct...

It's fair to say that they're a bit overwhelmed with orders and they're trying to deliver to all customers in a timely manner...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    lol exactly
    Do either of you actually use the ACRO? How about as an EDC? The P1 was originally advertised as at least 1 year on setting 7. Setting 7 is barely daytime bright, never mind as a night gun with a x300U attached...

Reference @ 1:32:
    Last edited by contax_shooter; 09-24-21 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Do either of you actually use the ACRO? How about as an EDC? The P1 was originally advertised as at least 1 year on setting 7. Setting 7 is barely daytime bright, never mind as a night gun with a x300U attached...

Reference:
    We've been around this before. Yes, I EDC with my P-1s, and have done so for most of the time they were out (not a launch, if only because it took my guy awhile a way to mount it to my oddball guns). Yes, the battery life isn't great, but I would take it over the RMR anytime. I change the P-1's batteries every 2 weeks, with it being left on the second highest setting. I was changing my RMR's batteries every 6 months, with it being left on the second highest setting, and I would much rather change it on the ACRO with a simple 2 minute procedure those 12 times than have to deal with confirming zero, redoing threadlocker, etc. that I would have to with an RMR, to say nothing of the other advantages the ACRO has (tint, enclosed emitter, etc.).

It's a ****ing 1225 battery. I don't know what to tell you. Setting 6 on an ACRO P-1 is about equivalent to setting 7 on a CompM5 based off of my eyeballs, and setting 7 on a CompM5 is what Aimpoint uses to quote a 5 year battery life (same with the T-2). If you can't do a bit of basic extrapolation based of off well-documented specs, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 09-24-21 at 19:50.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast