Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Let's hold the manufacturer accountable.

And yes, let me change the battery on this P1 again.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    We've been around this before. Yes, I EDC with my P-1s, and have done so for most of the time they were out (not a launch, if only because it took my guy awhile a way to mount it to my oddball guns). Yes, the battery life isn't great, but I would take it over the RMR anytime. I change the P-1's batteries every 2 weeks, with it being left on the second highest setting. I was changing my RMR's batteries every 6 months, with it being left on the second highest setting, and I would much rather change it on the ACRO with a simple 2 minute procedure those 12 times than have to deal with confirming zero, redoing threadlocker, etc. that I would have to with an RMR, to say nothing of the other advantages the ACRO has (tint, enclosed emitter, etc.).

It's a ****ing 1225 battery. I don't know what to tell you. Setting 6 on an ACRO P-1 is about equivalent to setting 7 on a CompM5 based off of my eyeballs, and setting 7 on a CompM5 is what Aimpoint uses to quote a 5 year battery life (same with the T-2). If you can't do a bit of basic extrapolation based of off well-documented specs, then I don't know what to tell you.
    They only went with a 1225 battery because if they used anything with decent battery life it would kill sales to their price and joy (T2/M5)

The whole thing was stupid from the get go. If it wasnt, they wouldn’t be releasing a second gen so soon. Right?

ETA: Every two weeks LOL

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Aimpoint should strike a deal with Varta to include discounted 26 battery bundle coupons, it'll last an impressive year.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Changing batteries every 2 weeks is... far from ideal. But the batteries are really only 5 for $1, so at least that's some consolation, I guess. Still though, every 2 weeks — damn.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    These flip covers are pretty good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUpN1c6gjwS/

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I guess missing October commercial market shipments will be the first disappointment.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I guess until technology matures, I'll survive with open emitter RMRs and if rain / dirt / mud gets in there during a SD situation, I'll just keep pulling the trigger and hope for the best.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I guess until technology matures, I'll survive with open emitter RMRs and if rain / dirt / mud gets in there during a SD situation, I'll just keep pulling the trigger and hope for the best.
    If you train enough, you can still hit your target without sights at reasonable distances.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    If you train enough, you can still hit your target without sights at reasonable distances.

Late sarcasm is better than never.

Feedback Score

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast