Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Yeah, but why not use two screws to clamp it in place? It’s such a small screw.
    Why use two screws when one works fine?

Feedback Score
    I am thinking about the repetitive cycles and forces the Acro will experience on top of a pistol slide. This is especially the case if you plan on mounting an Acro to a 10 mm or .45 ACP pistol.

It's the same rationale behind why you see QD and non-QD mounts with two screws or levers on AR-10s and large caliber bolt guns. It's a small screw, it's not like a large bolt you'll find on a good set of scope rings.

Hopefully my thoughts are unfounded. Still, Aimpoint's mounting system is no doubt superior to Trijicon's thanks to the "clamp" design.

Feedback Score
    Their official count is 20K round on a .40S&W slide, but the actual number is much higher.

There was never any issues with using one screw with the P-1. That screw is not stressed during recoil or counter-recoil.

Feedback Score
    Finally got some range time and I will not be purchasing another RMR. Long story short, it is objectively better than the venerable RMR. It has clearer glass, more crisp dot, and allows for hanging the battery while still mounted. IMO, it worth the $100 or more difference.

Took an inexperienced shooter with me who felt the ACRO was nicer than the RMR as well, although it was covered with lint as it has been my EDC for the past 3+ years.

Good stuff, based on my single range session it will be replacing my RMR'd 19 on and off duty.

Guns were G19.5 with RMR 06(3.25) with ATEI cut slide and G19.5 MOS with FCD mounting plate.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm wondering how the ACRO P-2 will stack up compared to the new Steiner MPS.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm wondering how the ACRO P-2 will stack up compared to the new Steiner MPS.
    And, the Trijicon SRO as well.

The Aimpoint ACRO P-2 seems to be a bit sleeker and smaller for Concealed Carry but, that Steiner MPS looks like it might be a good competitor. The Trijicon SRO initially looks a bit bulky with possible hangups on clothing and other stuff from a concealed draw.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    And, the Trijicon SRO as well.

The Aimpoint ACRO P-2 seems to be a bit sleeker and smaller for Concealed Carry but, that Steiner MPS looks like it might be a good competitor. The Trijicon SRO initially looks a bit bulky with possible hangups on clothing and other stuff from a concealed draw.
    The MPS looks bulky and has significantly less battery life, albeit still substantial. The SRO is an open emitter and not designed for carry.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    There's a reason why Levi's last American factory closed for good.
    I'd like to think some of that was from people boycotting them for being "woke".

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast