Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Out of pure idle curiosity, how much time do you have with an ACRO? The reason I ask, is I have a Glock G45 with a direct-milled ACRO P-1. It's got nearly 5,000 rounds on it, and been carried over a year.

I never had an issue with it. I have found that the overwhelming majority of people making observations have rarely seen or shot a P-1, much less put thousands of rounds through one.

What was it that you found to be an issue when you were carrying one concealed, and how long did you carry it? Can you share what holster and belt combo you used? Holster design has a huge impact on comfort and concealment.
    100% agree, I've been carrying one on a G45 that has thousands of rounds on it. Zero issues with AIWB.
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I learned in the one of the Holosun threads that many, many people on this forum are.
    Enjoy your optics choice then.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Did they give a release date?

I just had primary machine mill a VP9 slide for a Trijicon SRO. Love it. I was waiting for an updated Acro to put on a Glock. Direct milled is definitely the way to go.
    I was asking my machinist yesterday about this. He asked me if there were any published engineering drawings for the acro rail interface. I've googled my butt off, but can't find it.

Do you have any links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Primary machine won’t mill slides any
    more. I just emailed Jager Works and asked them. Will let you know.

https://jagerwerks.com/

https://jagerwerks.com/aimpoint-acro-for-glock/

I was going to get plain black lower 1/3 irons: https://jagerwerks.com/aimpoint-acro...hts-for-glock/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I was asking my machinist yesterday about this. He asked me if there were any published engineering drawings for the acro rail interface. I've googled my butt off, but can't find it.

Do you have any links?
    Manufacturers will provide the drawing if your machinist requests for it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'm not hung up on the China thing really.
    You're ok supporting a nation bent on destroying the US and any other democratic nation for their own gain. You're ok with supporting a nation that uses its citizens like a natural resource. A nation that doesn't give a flying f*ck about who's fish they harvest, what waste they dump into the ocean/earth or how dangerous a product might be. You're ok with low quality crap... Got it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    You're ok supporting a nation...
    I don't disagree with your position but it is not necessary for us to bring it up in every optics thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    You're ok supporting a nation bent on destroying the US and any other democratic nation for their own gain. You're ok with supporting a nation that uses its citizens like a natural resource. A nation that doesn't give a flying f*ck about who's fish they harvest, what waste they dump into the ocean/earth or how dangerous a product might be. You're ok with low quality crap... Got it.
    First off, I'm not supporting the nation. That's a HUGE generalization simply because I'm buying a product that was, like 90% of the shit in this country, manufactured over there. Don't get mad at me; get mad at the greedy, unscrupulous corporations who set up shop over there because they wanted to exploit cheap labor.

Second, I'm pretty sure you wrote that on a computer built in China, or with parts built in China, wearing clothes that were made in China, or at least some other nation that exploits labor and hates the West. I'm pretty sure your cell phone, TV, and about 50 to 80 percent of the stuff in your house was made partially or entirely in China.

And, Holosun is not a low quality RDS either. That's been pretty thoroughly proven.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    First off, I'm not supporting the nation. That's a HUGE generalization simply because I'm buying a product that was, like 90% of the shit in this country, manufactured over there. Don't get mad at me; get mad at the greedy, unscrupulous corporations who set up shop over there because they wanted to exploit cheap labor.

Second, I'm pretty sure you wrote that on a computer built in China, or with parts built in China, wearing clothes that were made in China, or at least some other nation that exploits labor and hates the West. I'm pretty sure your cell phone, TV, and about 50 to 80 percent of the stuff in your house was made partially or entirely in China.

And, Holosun is not a low quality RDS either. That's been pretty thoroughly proven.
    I don't disagree however, the firearms accessory market and the electronics market are not the same animal. Also, just because some individuals beat one optic against a 2x4 just means that optic was durable. I'd be more interested in the data from departments purchasing hundreds and letting them bounce around in squads with huge temperature fluctuations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    I don't disagree however, the firearms accessory market and the electronics market are not the same animal. Also, just because some individuals beat one optic against a 2x4 just means that optic was durable. I'd be more interested in the data from departments purchasing hundreds and letting them bounce around in squads with huge temperature fluctuations.
    That will remain to be seen. Every optic began with someone beating the hell out of it in tests as the only evidence of its durability. I don't want to pass over something that is potentially a good product because it has not yet had the chance to show that its as good as the proven products on the battlefield. I just bought a Holosun 509. I like it so far. If it becomes a problem, I can always sell it and get an ACRO P-2.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast