Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Field Defense Multi-Trigger

Feedback Score

In The Field Defense Multi-Trigger

Has anyone on this forum reviewed or used ITF Defense new binary trigger?
    https://inthefielddefenses.com/

It uses a pair of disconnectors to catch and release hammer on pull and release.
    It uses a modified M16 3-position safety selector.

Feedback Score
    no thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4luvr View Post
    no thanks
    Curious about your answer. Do you not like binaries in general, or just do not like this one because it uses a modified easy to procure 3-position safety instead of manufacturing something proprietary like the other popular companies?

This will be for an AR9 build with a short stroke bolt setup from Taccom3g. I do not plan on purchasing any more items from Franklin Armory because i do not care for some of their policies, and this AR9 will not work with Fostech. Have owned binaries from the other two since they were released.

Fostech Echo II in a CMMG Guard 9mm 8" pistol.
    Fostech Echo II in a AR15 5.56 10.5" SBR.
    Franklin BFSiii in an AR15 .22LR 4.5" SBR.

All of the above run extremely well. The .22 is the only one used for mag dumps. It is a blast. Occasionally use the 9mm for double taps at the range. Very seldom use the 5.56 in binary. The 5.56 runs great, double taps are effortless, but not something I'm interested in doing very often.

I have no interest in the Rare Breed triggers.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm all over it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
    Curious about your answer. Do you not like binaries in general, or just do not like this one because it uses a modified easy to procure 3-position safety instead of manufacturing something proprietary like the other popular companies?

This will be for an AR9 build with a short stroke bolt setup from Taccom3g. I do not plan on purchasing any more items from Franklin Armory because i do not care for some of their policies, and this AR9 will not work with Fostech. Have owned binaries from the other two since they were released.

Fostech Echo II in a CMMG Guard 9mm 8" pistol.
    Fostech Echo II in a AR15 5.56 10.5" SBR.
    Franklin BFSiii in an AR15 .22LR 4.5" SBR.

All of the above run extremely well. The .22 is the only one used for mag dumps. It is a blast. Occasionally use the 9mm for double taps at the range. Very seldom use the 5.56 in binary. The 5.56 runs great, double taps are effortless, but not something I'm interested in doing very often.

I have no interest in the Rare Breed triggers.
    SO by your own admission you rarely use the binary feature for anything other than giggles. So my question is why do you want a binary trigger?? From a practical position binary triggers are not, in fact full auto isn't practical in nearly all situations. From a fun position they certainly can be, but they aren't cheap and they aren't amazing either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    SO by your own admission you rarely use the binary feature for anything other than giggles. So my question is why do you want a binary trigger?? From a practical position binary triggers are not, in fact full auto isn't practical in nearly all situations. From a fun position they certainly can be, but they aren't cheap and they aren't amazing either.
    Correct, I do not use the binaries much (maybe they will be grandfathered and become worth something in future years should the lefties every ban them). The .22 is pure giggles, the 9mm I really do enjoy shooting it for double tap. If the 'ITF Defense' trigger functions properly in the 9mm short stroke I'm building, then I might try modifying factory MPX trigger bridge to work with ITF trigger, so I can try it in my MPX 4.5" SBR. I'm curious which 9mm platform will give me the tightest double tap group. Have already ordered the ITF trigger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IMO a gun that discharges when you take your finger off the trigger is dangerous and stupid, and any time whatsoever spent training yourself to hold the trigger down when you want to immediately stop firing is dangerous and stupid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    IMO a gun that discharges when you take your finger off the trigger is dangerous and stupid, and any time whatsoever spent training yourself to hold the trigger down when you want to immediately stop firing is dangerous and stupid.
    I was hoping to avoid this turn in the discussion on this forum. Some people say that autoloading the next round is dangerous and stupid. I disagree, but it is not something I intend to debate in this thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was hoping to avoid this turn in the discussion on this forum. Some people say that autoloading the next round is dangerous and stupid. I disagree, but it is not something I intend to debate in this thread.
    Those 'some people' are wrong.

Good luck training to hold the trigger down in order to stop firing, I'm sure that will carry over swimming
    Last edited by Warp; 05-25-21 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone on this forum reviewed or used ITF Defense new binary trigger?
    https://inthefielddefenses.com/

It uses a pair of disconnectors to catch and release hammer on pull and release.
    It uses a modified M16 3-position safety selector.

If it’s a BATF approved item, why is it sold as an 80% trigger? In looking at their website, they appear to be filling the inside of the AR15 with M16 hammers, selectors and possibly disconnectors.

I do have a binary trigger installed in a lower, but honestly, it makes more sense to use a trigger with an adjustable overtravel and would no doubt be more reliable as well.

I personally don’t care if people use binary triggers, lots of people like firearms I don’t like. Not my circus and not my monkeys.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast