Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In The Field Defense Multi-Trigger

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You guys know that fire-on-release triggers have been a thing for some time on other guns, right?
    And I wouldn't have anything to do with them because a firearm that discharges when you take your finger off the trigger is dangerous and stupid, and any time at all spent training to hold the trigger down to prevent another round firing is dangerous and stupid.

I am aware that quite a few dangerous and stupid things exist out there in the world. Doesn't make them any less so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    And I wouldn't have anything to do with them because a firearm that discharges when you take your finger off the trigger is dangerous and stupid, and any time at all spent training to hold the trigger down to prevent another round firing is dangerous and stupid.

I am aware that quite a few dangerous and stupid things exist out there in the world. Doesn't make them any less so.
    Some have nothing to do with semi auto firearms because auto loading is viewed as dangerous and stupid.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
    Some have nothing to do with semi auto firearms because auto loading is viewed as dangerous and stupid.
    Yeah, the bootlickers who got their asses kicked by farmers with pitchforks and muskets back in 1776.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I could see them being useful for making something that would approximate a squad automatic weapon in function. But with open bolts illegal no matter what, you would have to have some kind of quick change barrel system that actually worked.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
    I am also well aware that some people are stupid.

That's certainly not news lol

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I guess. I only know that its a thing because of shotgun people. I believe that some of these people are (or have been?) known as “pros”. I personally don’t know shit about this. I could probably agree that its dumb in this application, just like drinking alcohol, but dangerous? Maybe?

I think racecars are pretty dangerous and stupid, and instead prefer motorcycles, and only on occasion anymore. Static line is also dangerous and stupid.

Hopefully OP doesn’t shoot his eye out with this contraption, and that the ATF doesn’t shoot his fish or whatever.

Anybody here own a bow?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I guess. I only know that its a thing because of shotgun people. I believe that some of these people are (or have been?) known as “pros”. I personally don’t know shit about this. I could probably agree that its dumb in this application, just like drinking alcohol, but dangerous? Maybe?

I think racecars are pretty dangerous and stupid, and instead prefer motorcycles, and only on occasion anymore. Static line is also dangerous and stupid.

Hopefully OP doesn’t shoot his eye out with this contraption, and that the ATF doesn’t shoot his fish or whatever.

Anybody here own a bow?
    If the racecar trained you to brake by hitting the pedal to the right, and then you got into a typical street car to drive on the highway where it's opposite, that might be a more appropriate analogy

inb4 'some people think automatic transmissions are dangerous and stupid' lol

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If the racecar trained you to brake by hitting the pedal to the right, and then you got into a typical street car to drive on the highway where it's opposite, that might be a more appropriate analogy

inb4 'some people think automatic transmissions are dangerous and stupid' lol
    Some top riders have done absolutely nutty shit with their controls to help cope with injuries, gain an advantage, or just because they’re eccentric. Thumb brakes, clutches slaved to rear brakes, weird throttle stuff etc. I used reversed shift patterns because when I drag raced, I found I preferred it. Road racers do it to keep their feet attached and facing forward permanently. Or something like that. I use fast-twist throttles on bigger engines and slow-twist on smaller ones, which is mildly strange.

I must say, I moved my hydraulic front brake on my mountain bike to the right to reduce the frequency of ragdolling, since motorcycles tend to do it on the right, and I can be a little hamfisted on the rears. Ya don’t want to be hamfisted on the fronts.

So you’re not totally wrong.

Edit: V Rossi rides a MotoGP bike like its a YZ250.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-06-21 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about a Vortex Spitfire-AR 1x for this little build. Anybody have an alternative suggestion?
    Being a USAF retiree (21 yrs), allows me to get a very hefty discount on from expertvoice.com and eurooptic.com. Also get a smaller discount from Primary Arms on their items.

Talking about stupid and dangerous, CA Attorney General says Mini-14's are not bad firearms like AR's, because Mini-14 does not have pistol grips or collapsible stocks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast