Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In The Field Defense Multi-Trigger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    And I wouldn't have anything to do with them because a firearm that discharges when you take your finger off the trigger is dangerous and stupid, and any time at all spent training to hold the trigger down to prevent another round firing is dangerous and stupid.

I am aware that quite a few dangerous and stupid things exist out there in the world. Doesn't make them any less so.
    I can't say I really see much if any danger potential here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
    Built the AR9 yesterday.
    Bobbed the hammer, might take some more off, not sure yet. You can see the cut off tail in one pic.
    ITF Defense binary trigger, JP yellow trigger spring, stock hammer spring, tailhook pistol brace, Taccom3G 5.25" barrel and bolt/carrier assembly. Pictured with SilencerCo Osprey 45 suppressor. This will be for double taps, and not mag dumps, otherwise I would run with another can I own.
    Waiting on the Taccom3g delayed blowback captured spring to arrive next week before I try to shoot it.

Bench test yesterday, the binary fire upon release will be much faster than the BFSiii or Echo's I own. ITF trigger releases hammer the moment you think about releasing trigger.

Attachment 65902Attachment 65903
    There is a fine line there as to what is enough movement and will 'last' vs what is not enough movement and will NOT last...

I watched the guys video where he was timing his trigger to his lower and understand WHY he did it the way he did but...

No way I would do it that way and no way I would do it with crap tools like he was using.

Your hammer bob looks good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    There is a fine line there as to what is enough movement and will 'last' vs what is not enough movement and will NOT last...

I watched the guys video where he was timing his trigger to his lower and understand WHY he did it the way he did but...

No way I would do it that way and no way I would do it with crap tools like he was using.

Your hammer bob looks good.
    Thank you, this was my first time cutting one of my AR hammers. It seemed safer to leave a little extra metal than taking too much off.

Feedback Score
    With a lighter spring you need a good deal more hammer velocity. Check the fired primers for consistently deep strikes. If you're not getting that, take off more tail. From my extensive experience, I'd be taking off more material so the tail is basically gone. The red spring gives you a little more leeway over the yellow, but not enough hammer velocity on hard primers may cause reliability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tripntx View Post
    Thank you, this was my first time cutting one of my AR hammers. It seemed safer to leave a little extra metal than taking too much off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    With a lighter spring you need a good deal more hammer velocity. Check the fired primers for consistently deep strikes. If you're not getting that, take off more tail. From my extensive experience, I'd be taking off more material so the tail is basically gone. The red spring gives you a little more leeway over the yellow, but not enough hammer velocity on hard primers may cause reliability issues.
    Thank you, I'll take a look at the primers next time I shoot this pistol.

Feedback Score
    ITF Defense Multi-binary trigger works very well. I haven't spent enough time with it yet to really compare it to my Fostech or Franklin equipped lowers yet, but I really like how the release shot fires with very little let off the trigger. The pull/squeeze is short, without a lot of take up. All in all a nice trigger. One thing to remember, binary triggers are meant to squeeze & release, not squeeze and hold. It is a trigger to have fun with at the range.

I built this with taccom3g's Extreme Short Stroke Bolt and Delayed Blow Back Recoil system. The rare earth magnets used in the recoil are very strong. It takes some effort to pull the charging handle back the first 1". It feels like a normal spring after the initial resistance of the magnates have been overcome.

Chose a Primary Arms GLX 2x Gemini 9mm optic. It is clear and bright for the price.

https://taccom3g.com/product/5-25-9mm-ramped-barrel/
    https://taccom3g.com/product/extreme...9mm-bolt-essb/
    https://taccom3g.com/product/delayed...recoil-system/

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...ni-9mm-reticle
    Last edited by tripntx; 06-27-21 at 09:46.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234