Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9mm Single Box & Bulk Ammo Prices

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My limited experience with LE quals would lead me to believe a minimum of range time would suffice to pass yearly qualification. At least with our SO and PD.
    I have witnessed troops completely missing a B27 at 3 yds and “passing”. : )
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Shitski. “Auto dupe”
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have to shoot Pappabear's pistols every week or two. So I get a little trigger time in. My problem is never with marksmanship... it's any sort of manipulations/reloading smoothness.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We only have 25k Wolf primers. That's DANGER low.
    LOL, the way that you guys reload and shoot, I can imagine that that's only a 1- or 2-year supply.

For me, my 21K SRPs is enough for 15-20 years... I'm confident that the current panic will be over by the late 2030s.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Shooting, particularly handgun, is a perishable skill though. It takes what it takes to get in the range time.
    Amen, and I sympathize with the new shooters or the guys who just didn't have the wherewithal or space or foresight to stockpile, but after 2008 and 2013, I made sure that I wouldn't ever run out of ammo (or primers, or powder, or even projos).

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    LOL, the way that you guys reload and shoot, I can imagine that that's only a 1- or 2-year supply.
    We actually shoot maybe 50-100 rounds per week of .223. An occasional partial mag dump on pistol steel. But the upside to shooting mostly long range is that it's way lower volume of ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123