Thread: AR to AK stock adapter for a Brn-180

Feedback Score

AR to AK stock adapter for a Brn-180

I have a BRN-180 and want to put on a Magpul Khukov folding stock. What adapter will I need to go from either a vertical picatimmy to an AK stock adapter. Or AR15 tbuffer tube to AK stock adapter? Like this picture

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi00 View Post
    Thanks, I got the kit but it folds right and blocks the reciprocating charging handle. Is there a way to make it fold left?

Feedback Score
    The zhukov only folds to the right, the hinge is part of the stock. Only way would be do mount it upside down on the rail lol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnabb100 View Post
    The zhukov only folds to the right, the hinge is part of the stock. Only way would be do mount it upside down on the rail lol.
    It does make me wonder what the level of difficulty would be to pull the hinge and swap it....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It does make me wonder what the level of difficulty would be to pull the hinge and swap it....
    I don't think it would be possible. Here is a picture of mine.

Dont pay too much attention to the dust

Feedback Score
    Isn't the BRN-180 charging handle turned up to avoid a right folding stock? I have a BRN-180S with the FS1913 that fold left so I obviously haven't had issues but I though the upturned handle was supposed to help with that issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeheadAR View Post
    Isn't the BRN-180 charging handle turned up to avoid a right folding stock? I have a BRN-180S with the FS1913 that fold left so I obviously haven't had issues but I though the upturned handle was supposed to help with that issue.
    I'll find out soon enough when I get the Brownells BRN-180 lower being shipped.....I got an ACR stock too from that website but they are out of stock on the adapters.....if all else fails I'll get the AR-180parts.com replica left side folder but I can't find the specific adapter they posted on their website but I think I will need a rifle buffer tube, is that correct?

Last edited by Rrotz; 06-12-21 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    Please assess my Brn-180 before the Brownells, proper lower comes in and I apply the folding stock. PSA Govt Property rollmarked lower, all Geisselle internals, Geisselle mag catch and G-trigger, Aero Precision Lower parts kit, absolute cowitness Scalarworks and "military grade" Holosun dual power MRD and fixed front and back iron sights, the rear is elevation and windage adjustable and co-witnessed optic.

I will be changing to all black furniture, a Zhukov or classic Ar180 folding buttstock, Brownells Brn pistol grip and grey Okay mags with the BrN-180 lower.

Last edited by Rrotz; 06-14-21 at 01:55.