Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tromix? 458 Socom

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Tromix? 458 Socom

I have a lower receiver assembled and am thinking about topping it off with a .458 Socom upper.

Does anyone have any positive or negative experience with Tromix?

I'm a little gun-shy as I bought a "Radical" 450 bushmaster upper and went through two of them and neither would cycle a round properly.

I really don't want to go there again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tromix is supposed to be good. I didn’t buy their upper but rather built mine. My biggest feeding issue was due to the magazine. Once I got that straightened out mine has run just fine.

The Lancer 458 socom mags work great and also handle 300 BO with the heavier bullets like the 220gr RN.

Feedback Score
    When it comes to 458 Socom Tromix is the only one you should be looking at.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks to you both for your input.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Tromix is sort of the go-to manufacturer for all of the large bore meme calibers.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Tromix is definitely good to go! I have a 458 SOCOM upper receiver and barrel from them and it functions perfectly with my BCM lower.

From Wikipedia: "History
    Prompted by the lack of power offered by the 5.56 NATO cartridge used in the M4 carbine and the M16 rifle, the .458 SOCOM came about from informal discussion of members of the special operations command, specifically Task Force Ranger's experience that multiple shots were required to incapacitate members of the opposing force in Mogadishu during Operation Gothic Serpent. Many Somalis would chew the drug Khat all day and the effects of the drug would both curb their appetite (in a country plagued by famine) and increase their pain tolerance.[citation needed] Marty ter Weeme of Teppo Jutsu and Tony Rumore of Tromix designed the cartridge in 2000 and Tromix was contracted to build the first .458 SOCOM rifle in February 2001."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.458_SOCOM

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    ^^ This right here! I have a Tromix 375 Socom (458 necked down to 375) that I bought used locally. While working up a load for it I called the contact phone number on the Tromix website and it went straight to Tony Rumore's phone. He was grilling on the patio at the time but still answered every question I had. He took the time to talk when he could just as well said to call back when he was in the office. He is a stand up guy that knows his stuff.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have a Tromix .458. Works great.
    You need to load your own ammunition, it’s expensive.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Reloading isn't an issue. I load all my own ammo and have more powder than I know what to do with......Going to have to get some brass and .458 boolets.

I stumbled upon the 458 socom forum I didn't' know existed and ya'll, of course, are correct. Tromix is the gold standard for .458 socom and RRA is a close second.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Truth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast