Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2: Dawson or Chambers Custom cut?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Staccato C2: Dawson or Chambers Custom cut?

Hey guys. I have a Staccato C2 coming. $200 off with a Memorial Day sale. It’s the iron sight version.

I wanted to get an optics ready model from Staccato but I’m not cool with the current 3-4 month wait. So with the $200 off, couldn’t pass up the iron sight version.

So anyway, I’m going to get this milled. I can get the Chambers Custom plate and have it milled by one of his approved shops. I heard his plate system is the best out there. Would be $300 for the plate and milling. They’re a couple weeks out from being in stock. I believe this plate limits you to an RMR/507c/508

https://www.store.chamberscustom.com...tom-rdms-plate

Or, I could do the Dawson system which is $600 but includes their plate system and sights. Those plates are like $150-200. And this gives you the option to run the carry setup which allows a 507k, RMRcc, etc and lower backup sights. I’m kind of torn on whether I want to try a 507c or 507k for ultimate compactness. I will be carrying this gun appendix in a Tenicor holster.

https://staccato2011.com/product/daw...illing-service

So thoughts? I’m excited to put some rounds through this and see what I can do. My favorite trainer sold me on one and I’m pretty much a dedicated Glock guy.
    Last edited by Walker_Texasranger; 05-27-21 at 19:06.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Chambers.
    The CHWP (or whatever) is second. Lower than the Dawson plates, same cut.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Chambers.
    The CHWP (or whatever) is second. Lower than the Dawson plates, same cut.
    O yea that’s right. But would still need the Dawson cut to run the C&H Precision plates. But yea, I’m on the wait list for the Chambers plate so I think I’ll start contacting his approved guys.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Call me crazy, but at this stage in the game I am waiting for a direct mill and NO PLATE. I guess that leaves 2 options (Acro P1/P2 or 509T).

I figured I have held out this long. In the short term, I have a MOS that I can mess with but these stupid plates and small screws drive me nuts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Call me crazy, but at this stage in the game I am waiting for a direct mill and NO PLATE. I guess that leaves 2 options (Acro P1/P2 or 509T).

I figured I have held out this long. In the short term, I have a MOS that I can mess with but these stupid plates and small screws drive me nuts.
    I would absolutely direct mill for a 509 but I don’t know if anyone is doing that for 2011s/Staccato?

But I agree. I’ve had a Glock direct milled. Don’t think I’d ever get an MOS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Nighthawk IOS system might be worth a look

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I would absolutely direct mill for a 509 but I don’t know if anyone is doing that for 2011s/Staccato?

But I agree. I’ve had a Glock direct milled. Don’t think I’d ever get an MOS.
    Vulcan is doing it for the 507K (I could have swore I saw the 509T but I was wrong). When I finally man up, gonna call them to see how much it costs, and if they can do the Acro/509T.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMhJCv8r..._web_copy_link

I am not sure who else is doing it. Primary Machine is not doing anything direct mill on 2011s.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 05-29-21 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have Chambers RDSMs on a Staccato P and C2. I think they're a great option. Allegedly a 509T version is coming. The savings over the massively expensive Dawson DUO/DPO is the icing on the cake.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I have Chambers RDSMs on a Staccato P and C2. I think they're a great option. Allegedly a 509T version is coming. The savings over the massively expensive Dawson DUO/DPO is the icing on the cake.
    Cool! Glad to hear that.

Who did the cuts for you?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I had Dave Laubert do the first one and Brandon Buhler do the second one. Everybody that is approved to install them has been vetted by Chambers so the work should be consistent. I went with whoever had the shortest lead time when I was looking each time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast