Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2: Dawson or Chambers Custom cut?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So I saw it mentioned above but Honest Outlaw made an Instagram post today. He had his C2 milled by Vulcan. It’s a direct mill for an RMR, no plate. And they cut the slide to accept a Glock rear site.

I reached out to them about copying what he did and the price is very good but lead time is like 2 months. Staccato lead time to mill for the Dawson system is 3 weeks.

And the Chambers plate is still OOS so I’m torn. I might just send to Vulcan.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Every day you're waiting is a day your gun isn't sitting in the shop getting closer to getting done. I think the only upside to the Dawson cut is the shorter turnaround, but it's otherwise expensive and needlessly complex.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Every day you're waiting is a day your gun isn't sitting in the shop getting closer to getting done. I think the only upside to the Dawson cut is the shorter turnaround, but it's otherwise expensive and needlessly complex.
    I sent the gun to Staccato last week for this very reason.
    1.) turnaround time is quick.
    2.) It’s the factory option from Staccato.
    3.) Price is high but includes overnight shipping both ways and sights.
    4.) Allows me to switch plates and use any optic there is. They are putting a 509T on for me.

With chambers it’s $300 for the plate and milling. That’s not counting shipping, sights, or refinishing. By the time you pay for that stuff it’s going to cost as much or more. And not sure when the plates are coming back in stock or what the lead time is in machining so I think I’ll be happy with the Staccato/Dawson cut.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I sent the gun to Staccato last week for this very reason.
    1.) turnaround time is quick.
    2.) It’s the factory option from Staccato.
    3.) Price is high but includes overnight shipping both ways and sights.
    4.) Allows me to switch plates and use any optic there is. They are putting a 509T on for me.

With chambers it’s $300 for the plate and milling. That’s not counting shipping, sights, or refinishing. By the time you pay for that stuff it’s going to cost as much or more. And not sure when the plates are coming back in stock or what the lead time is in machining so I think I’ll be happy with the Staccato/Dawson cut.
    I'm sure it will be fine, but your math is way off. The Chambers mount includes a rear sight, a proper height front from Dawson is $25, shipping was $8 (small flat rate box), and refinishing was not required.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well they finished it and it’s on the way back to me. Very fast turnaround. Just over a week. Excited to sight it in and test it out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Funny thing. Got my C2 yesterday. Was out of town. Came out great.

Literally just got an email right now from Chambers that the RDSM plates are in stock lol. Still glad I went through Staccato on this one but if I can snag another one I’ll get the chambers plate.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone swapped grips on theirs? I've watched a couple of videos and it seems pretty straight forward, but I've seen a lot of comments about needing to take it to a gunsmith. I don't have much experience with a 1911/2011, but have done a decent amount of work on other pistols and have put a bunch of ARs together.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aFella View Post
    Has anyone swapped grips on theirs? I've watched a couple of videos and it seems pretty straight forward, but I've seen a lot of comments about needing to take it to a gunsmith. I don't have much experience with a 1911/2011, but have done a decent amount of work on other pistols and have put a bunch of ARs together.
    Watched a few of Hilton Yam's videos regarding this and it does seem straight forward, however I had heard that removing the grips voids the factory warranty. Not sure how Staccato would be able to tell though...

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aFella View Post
    I’ve swapped grip modules. If you can detail strip a 1911/2011, it’s not difficult.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Funny thing. Got my C2 yesterday. Was out of town. Came out great.

Literally just got an email right now from Chambers that the RDSM plates are in stock lol. Still glad I went through Staccato on this one but if I can snag another one I’ll get the chambers plate.

Todd, is that the new Holosun dot? Looks slick, I bought one of their RMR look alikes. Have not run it yet but never bad to have a back up.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast