Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Any real advantage of an A4 vs an M4?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Larry Vickers once said something to the effect that for range days he enjoys shooting the M16, but if he had to carry a rifle all day he’d grab an M4. My personal experience mimics that sentiment. I love shooting the M16, especially on 300 meter qual days. It’s much softer shooting than an M4, allowing me to make quicker follow up shots if needed. Sights radius is longer, which I find requires less effort to line up a shot. Added bonus, the butt stock is a handy place to store a cleaning kit. The downside is that it can be a pain in the ass to carry around, especially when you have to get in and out of tactical vehicles frequently, and the fixed stock is a bit too long for a lot of people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    What is goofy about it? It’s has way better sights. It will run circles around an A1 at longer ranges. It’s goofy but yet you have one.. ������. That about narrows it down.
    The A2's rear sight reminds me of the M1 Garand or M14 sights. Obviously not exactly the same but in principle they are very similar. Awesome if you have time to estimate range, know your dope, and make sight adjustments. With rounds zipping past your head I would think it's practical usefulness is kind of moot at that point.

I wonder how many WWII, Korea, and Vietnam vets actually did "clicking" while in a firefight. Yeah, you see an NVA at 500 meters at the edge of a jungle clearing and he doesn't know you're there, go for it! But that same NVA inside 100 meters (and his buddies) throwing a shitload of 7.62x39 rounds between you and the guy next to you, well.....not so much.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910