Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele is using black oxide on their barrels now

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    ...although SSA-E did not pass FBI testing...
    Info?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Info?
    Yes, information please!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I strip the barrel of oils, spray paint it, and drive on. I don't purchase things with the intention of the resale. If it functions properly I spray paint it and use it to the end of its service life.
    This is the way. A buddy taught me this years ago, when I asked how best to keep the barrel coated under a rail. Makes so much sense.

Hell, even on a gun we didnt make "tan-and-green-all-over", the barrel got a coat of black primer, and black engine paint. Can't even tell. But it'll never rust.

I'll be damned if I'm gonna remove a rail now and then to oil coat a barrel. That's idiotic of them to advise.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    At least the bore is chrome lined. What were they using before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Did Bill Geissele recently step away from the company or step down?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Did Bill Geissele recently step away from the company or step down?
    Not from what I heard, but they have been expanding product lines like a water balloon and eventually.......

I like Geiselle triggers, I like a few products, but there are other choices for barrels and other parts...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    At least the bore is chrome lined. What were they using before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not all of them. They are doing Nitride barrels too. I think the outside of the barrels were Parkerized before and then they switched to black oxide and didn’t change the website until people started calling them out. I don’t think the pistol pages even mention it yet though.

Feedback Score
    RE SSA-E:

I have a professional relationship with FBI range guy. Their new rifles are the G LE models as I understand. Except fancy FBI rail people are dying to get. They originally were going to be 11.5 Colt barrels or 16 inch for personal purchase option but I believe they went Geissele through and through. He said they use the SSA trigger because they were having issues with the SSA-E triggers not resetting. This was infrequent but in the same testing SSA performed 100% so they went with that. They are still fielding these and have had no issues so far as I know but the consumer market doesn't seem to have the same luck. This was all semi auto as outside of HRT and maybe some FBI Swat they are not giving all their Agents FA.

He also said the authorized Romeo red dots were the most frequently broken pieces of gear but Sig apparently had amazing CS and replaced them quickly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    tagged for interest. The rifles seem pretty legit, but I want someone's feedback that has run the shit out of them like LMT/Colt rifles with long term abuse. Their $1,800 street price with rails and SSA triggers seem fair to me. But I am NOT OK with Nitride barrels-Nope and no and nope.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My opinion, I doubt want to paint my own barrel, I hate painting and I suck at it. Secondly I don't want to think about removing my rail and wiping things down other then there exterior.

At least we know now, so if you want one paint it I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast