Thread: OSS RAD 9 vs RAD 45

Feedback Score

OSS RAD 9 vs RAD 45

Go with RAD 9 since threaded barrel I have is 9mm or RAD 45 for future versatility? I don't foresee getting a threaded .40 or .45 barrel soon. My understanding is you can shoot sub 300 BLK through RAD 45 (don't think it would/should be a regular thing to do). Not sure about RAD and sub 300 BLK.
    How much 9mm precision is lost with RAD 45?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't think any precision and very little sound advantage is lost. I have TiRant 9mm and 45 can's and run them interchangeable without much notice. I kinda like an over-bored can for less gas in the face in some instances and less likely to have end-cap strike.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the reply and insight.
    I have well versed friend that is concerned about precision loss going with RAD 45. Conversely, the owner of local range says go RAD 45.
    Yes, RAD 45 cost a bit more.

Feedback Score
    The probability of me getting a .40 or .45 to put the can on is minimal. I like the idea of options. It does make sense to evaluate the loss of precision.
    I didn't think of sound advantage, over bore for less gas in face or less likely to have an end-cap strike.
    Decision made.

Thanks again !!!