Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prismatic Red Dot sights opinions.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Prismatic Red Dot sights opinions.

What is your opinion on Prismatic Red Dot sights?

I am looking at the Sig Sauer Bravo3 3x24mm Battle Red Dot Sight (and others) to possibly replace a Sig Romeo5 red dot.
    Just to see the target a bit better at 50/100 yards and address the occasional astigmatism.
    Last edited by 202; 05-31-21 at 17:01.

Feedback Score
    Primary arms 2x seems to be the best of the budget options. They have other mag ranges but the 2x is manufactured different and it's higher quality

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Primary arms 2x seems to be the best of the budget options. They have other mag ranges but the 2x is manufactured different and it's higher quality
    Thanks. It would be good to know how many people have switched to Prism optics from regular Red Dots, if any.
    Last edited by 202; 05-31-21 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have very mild astigmatism & run a T1 right now, but have played with the swamp fox prismatic, Leupolds Prismatic and the TA44,45 and 47. I want to love the TA45 & 47, however at cost they're just not competitive unless you find a used one. Leupold discontinued theirs, Sig's gotten way better, have friends with Primary Arms who are happy @ the price point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glx 2x is my new fav. Starburst with red dots pushed me in this direction. Didn't want the weight of an LPVO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Oper8or View Post
    Glx 2x is my new fav. Starburst with red dots pushed me in this direction. Didn't want the weight of an LPVO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, not only the weight, a good LPVO would cost more $$ too.

Feedback Score
    PA is aso coming out with a 1x Micro Prism similar to the GLX 2x. Should be a good improvement over the current cyclops. Guess the reticle is larger, footprint smaller, and probably some internal differences for increased durability

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The idea is not only to address astigmatism, I am also looking for some magnification.
    Prism optics have their pros and cons. I would like your overall opinion on their use, and how much you like/hate them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    The idea is not only to address astigmatism, I am also looking for some magnification.
    Prism optics have their pros and cons. I would like your overall opinion on their use, and how much you like/hate them.
    Prism scopes are actually really cool little optics usually.

They are great for shooter's with astigmatism and also offer some magnification at the foot print of a red dot.

The only reason I run LPVo's over a prism is because the LPVO's are adjustable magnification. I like to be able to set up my optic's magnification to match the stage that I am about to shoot. Outside of match use; prism optics would be great for field guns, or any kind of general purpose carbine.

I also don't buy prism optics, because even with my astigmatism I can comfortably shoot red dots 300 yards easy. 400 with a little work. The other day I went 1 outa 3 on the 500 yard 12" plate with a red dot.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Prism scopes are actually really cool little optics usually.

They are great for shooter's with astigmatism and also offer some magnification at the foot print of a red dot.

The only reason I run LPVo's over a prism is because the LPVO's are adjustable magnification. I like to be able to set up my optic's magnification to match the stage that I am about to shoot. Outside of match use; prism optics would be great for field guns, or any kind of general purpose carbine.

I also don't buy prism optics, because even with my astigmatism I can comfortably shoot red dots 300 yards easy. 400 with a little work. The other day I went 1 outa 3 on the 500 yard 12" plate with a red dot.
    Thanks. I don’t know much about LPVOs, just what I have read online. I have zero experience with them.
    Can you recommend a good and durable LPVO in the $300 range? Around $300 is what the Sig Bravo 3 prism goes for in comparison.
    I have read that one needs to spend 3-4 times that for a good and durable LPVO. Is that true?
    I have seen some Vortex models in that price range, and Vortex makes good stuff. But like I said, I have no real knowledge when it comes to LPVOs.
    Last edited by 202; 06-01-21 at 21:10.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast