Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prismatic Red Dot sights opinions.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    PA is aso coming out with a 1x Micro Prism similar to the GLX 2x. Should be a good improvement over the current cyclops. Guess the reticle is larger, footprint smaller, and probably some internal differences for increased durability
    If they fix the micro-reticle issue with the Cyclops, and the price isn't insane, I'm totally going to be interested. Been wanting a decent 1x/0x prism for some time as red dots are starting to fuzz and blur for me in recent years.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    If they fix the micro-reticle issue with the Cyclops, and the price isn't insane, I'm totally going to be interested. Been wanting a decent 1x/0x prism for some time as red dots are starting to fuzz and blur for me in recent years.
    I believe they posted some comparison pics of reticle size in their industry forum on TOS. It is a good bit larger from what i remember.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a ta44 acss and it was tiny compared to the PA 2x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Thanks. I don’t know much about LPVOs, just what I have read online. I have zero experience with them.
    Can you recommend a good and durable LPVO in the $300 range? Around $300 is what the Sig Bravo 3 prism goes for in comparison.
    I have read that one needs to spend 3-4 times that for a good and durable LPVO. Is that true?
    I have seen some Vortex models in that price range, and Vortex makes good stuff. But like I said, I have no real knowledge when it comes to LPVOs.
    What you said about LPVO pricing is generally true. You have to spend more to get a decent product compared to a fixed prism scope. The lower end vortex strike eagle is not something i would recommend. Primary arms and a bunch of others make them in the $300-400 price range as well, but again i would go a little higher (not necessarily 3x) to get something with decent glass and durable. If you are just plinking at the range i like the PA over the strike eagle because of the reticle

The absolute lowest i would go for a LPVO is the Burris RT6 at about $350. I would want something better peronally, but this is the best of the ones under $400 IMO

If you can go up to around $600 you have some decent options like the Vortex PST 2 and the Delta Stryker (have some some really good feedback on this), and Primary arms is coming out with a Filipino made GLX1-6 that i am betting will be really good for the price. Steiner P4XI if you can find one sale is a good option, but they have gotten pricey. A used Burris XTR 1-5 would be a good option too

The downside to a LPVO compared to a prism is generally weight and cost

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What you said about LPVO pricing is generally true. You have to spend more to get a decent product compared to a fixed prism scope. The lower end vortex strike eagle is not something i would recommend. Primary arms and a bunch of others make them in the $300-400 price range as well, but again i would go a little higher (not necessarily 3x) to get something with decent glass and durable. If you are just plinking at the range i like the PA over the strike eagle because of the reticle

The absolute lowest i would go for a LPVO is the Burris RT6 at about $350. I would want something better peronally, but this is the best of the ones under $400 IMO

If you can go up to around $600 you have some decent options like the Vortex PST 2 and the Delta Stryker (have some some really good feedback on this), and Primary arms is coming out with a Filipino made GLX1-6 that i am betting will be really good for the price. Steiner P4XI if you can find one sale is a good option, but they have gotten pricey. A used Burris XTR 1-5 would be a good option too

The downside to a LPVO compared to a prism is generally weight and cost
    Thanks for the detailed reply and information!
    That is what I have read so far. If one were to stay in the $300 range, a Prism Optic is the way to go.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I believe they posted some comparison pics of reticle size in their industry forum on TOS. It is a good bit larger from what i remember.
    They didn't post any comparison pics yet(that I saw), just a couple of the current reticle. The rep there stated the new reticle is 3x larger than the original Cyclops, so we'll see. Also said MSRP is currently looking like $250. Interesting....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Are there any that have a proven track record for duty use?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Are there any that have a proven track record for duty use?
    Isn’t the ACOG a Prism Scope?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don’t know about how it would work with your astigmatism, but, if you already have a red dot sight and are just looking to get 3 Xs out of a sight, have you thought about magnifiers?

If you’ve already thought about this, just ignore me so we don’t derail your thread.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I don’t know about how it would work with your astigmatism, but, if you already have a red dot sight and are just looking to get 3 Xs out of a sight, have you thought about magnifiers?

If you’ve already thought about this, just ignore me so we don’t derail your thread.
    Yes, I thought about 3X magnifiers. They are a valid choice, but add weight and space in comparison.
    I thought about moving the red dot to the 22lr rifle and get something else for the AR. The Sig Bravo 3 (as an example) would cost less than a red dot and magnifier, plus lighter overall. I’m still on the fence though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast