Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canik 9mm Pistols

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question Canik 9mm Pistols

Looking at these pistols. Anyone have pros or cons on them?
    https://www.canikusa.com/canik-firearms
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    Is there a specific one you are interested in?

They are a very good value IMO. The only downside for some is they are made in Turkey (doesn't affect my buying), and parts/accessories availability compared to Glock, M&P etc... Holsters are common and easy to find from what i could see

I bought a TP9SFX to give a dot a try on a pistol. The thing is very reliable and accurate after a few K rounds.

Battlefield Vegas (huge gun range) has some of these and they beat the shit out of them and the owner told me he is very impressed with them as well. He said they just keep going. Have also read lots of other good feedback on various forums

If you are on a budget they are a great option. Good option even if you are not IMO

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Looking at this one in black. Have been reading a lot about them.
    https://www.canikusa.com/tp9sf
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    It Is a good option. Triggers are good for a striker fired gun. Better tan Glock by a good bit. The holster they come with sucks so plan on a new one ASAP

They should run $350 or less, but with the current market may have a little bit of a premium. The "One Series" (only 1 mag) were selling for $250 a while back, might still be some out there if you look around online

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a TP9SFX and an Elite Combat. They are by far my favorite pistols, so much so that I am now eyeing a TP9 SC for carry use.

They handle well for me, shoot remarkable, and are great values. I am now a Canik Fanatik.

Feedback Score
    Yep. The Turks just borrow proven designs (HK, Walther, etc.), add a tweak here and there, and sell tons of them. Saves a bundle on R&D costs

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Buy a Glock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are popular in my AO as well. Lot's in the display case at my LGS. I have zero experience with them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's a Turkish copy of the Walther PPQ (I believe that's the model). From what Im seeing it seems like a decent budget gun. However, like all Turkish guns, one day the whole line might just disappear and you'll have no support.

Happened to me in the mid 2000s. I cant remember the brand of the pistol but it was a Turkish clone gun I got for super cheap because it had one mag and the owner couldn't find parts for it anymore. I figured it would accept parts and mags from the base gun.... nope. I got rid of it very quickly to a guy in the barracks for what I paid for it. I dont even remember what it was a clone of. I think it was a CZ75.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This brand has developed a notable following in competitive circles and was just used to win the USPSA Production Nationals. With the investments that Canik made in US market I don't think it will disappear. Don't know enough about durability etc but as a shooting instrument it doesn't suck at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast