Thread: TQs

Feedback Score

TQs

I have 4 CAT tourniquets. After reading some threads there is mention of Isreali TQ. Before I invest in a couple I thought I would look for some insight.
    Also a somewhat silly question.....black or orange CATs?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    My personal CATs are all orange because I like the idea of high visibility. My duty CATs are black because they're free, otherwise they would be orange as well.

Stick to the CAT or SOFT-TW. Both have proven track records and are very easy to use. I like both and carry both at work, but you can't beat the CAT for simplicity, small footprint, and ease of self application (if necessary).

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Color is immaterial so long as you have a TQ that works. I am with GTF425, just get a CAT or SOFT and call it a day.

I do trauma, and have for 30 years, and to be honest I haven't heard of an Israeli tourniquet (not saying that there isn't one, but I am saying that if there is I don't know about it and thus don't teach it).

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply.
    My understanding is the Isreali TQ uses ratchet to tighten.
    Would like to see/handle one before purchasing.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply.
    I do not like the color orange but do see the brighter color practicality.
    Cant beat free.
    Next two purchased will be orange.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ratchet, like the looped ratchet strap 75rr used to use? They have been shown to be more effective over bulky chem suits. Some anecdotes suggest that they might be better for dudes in the 1k lbs club for thighs. Thats pretty much it. C1B7029E-62BE-4455-9CB0-AC3E43CCCD16.jpgI just carry CATs, usually, but I’ll throw the ratchet in a vehicle bag sometimes.

“Israelis” are what we used to call the ETD before the Army adopted it. Turns out, wounded Arabs get pretty spooked when they overhear someone saying to bring up an Israeli, so that name became a bit less fashionable.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-12-21 at 07:33. Reason: Professionalism