Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford's new "Maverick" pickup

Feedback Score

Ford's new "Maverick" pickup

Didn't see that one coming:

-Ford will expand its highly profitable pickup truck franchise with a new small pickup called Maverick.

-The compact truck will be smaller than the company's F-150 full-size pickup as well as its midsize Ranger.

-The pickup is being produced at Ford's Hermosillo plant in Mexico alongside the company's new Ford Bronco Sport SUV.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/03/ford...ck-pickup.html
    Last edited by Slater; 06-03-21 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Going after the Tacoma market?
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Interesting. Going after the Tacoma market?
    Is the Ranger really that much bigger than the Taco? Seems like the Taco, Ranger, Colorado/Canyon are all of similar size, no?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Is the Ranger really that much bigger than the Taco? Seems like the Taco, Ranger, Colorado/Canyon are all of similar size, no?
    My thoughts exactly. I had a rental Ranger 4dr, for a week on a biz trip. Definitely no bigger than a Taco, it was small. I'm thinking microtruck. Like a 4dr focus with the hatch cut off and a radio flyer wagon slapped on the back.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    At half the price of a Tacoma, I'd STILL go with the Tacoma. Nothing against Ford specifically.... they're the best of the bad vehicles of the big 3. But life it too short to buy junk automobiles.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Maybe they'll get James Garner to do the commericals.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Maybe they'll get James Garner to do the commericals.
    My first thought was that it was a top gun 2 tie in.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    At half the price of a Tacoma, I'd STILL go with the Tacoma. Nothing against Ford specifically.... they're the best of the bad vehicles of the big 3. But life it too short to buy junk automobiles.
    I read somewhere that it was unibody construction like the fake truck Honda sells. In other words no real frame like a real truck. My Tacoma is almost 8 years old with almost 100,000 miles on it and I can still get back 75-80% of what I paid for it. You cannot beat Toyotas resale value here in the southeast.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    It's a unibody, smaller than the Ranger, which is smaller than the Tacoma, which is a little smaller than the Colorado in terms of passenger and cargo room.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's the point of making a current pickup larger and then introduce a smaller one? It's like Nissan had a compact Altima and sub compact Sentra. Then they made the Altima full size, Sentra moved up to compact and Versa was introduced as the new sub compact.

Personally I love older trucks. When full size was more or less equivalent to modern day midsize trucks. If I could find a good condition low mileage early 00s Taco or Ranger I'd be all over that. Today they're all bloated land yachts

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 06-03-21 at 15:58.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast