Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford's new "Maverick" pickup

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I agree. I just got a Chevy 1500 and it seems way larger than friends’ 1500s I drove 10-15 years ago. I know I’m short but the back seat looks like it has exorbitant room. Could have made it 6” less, made the bed 6” longer and still had plenty of room back there.
    I have a 04 crew cab diesel 4x4 and my bro-in-law had a late 20teens F-150 crew cab. The back seat of his f-150 had more room than the front seat of my truck.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I lost ALL confidence in Ford (and I’m a Detroit boy:) after my wife bought an Escape 2 years back. In 12 months they had THREE different engines in that pos!!!!!! They were NOT customer friendly. I’ll ride a 10 speed before I buy another Ford! Makes you understand the Fix Or Repair Daily line used so often back in Detroit.

geezerjohn
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    I lost ALL confidence in Ford (and I’m a Detroit boy after my wife bought an Escape 2 years back. In 12 months they had THREE different engines in that pos!!!!!! They were NOT customer friendly. I’ll ride a 10 speed before I buy another Ford! Makes you understand the Fix Or Repair Daily line used so often back in Detroit.

geezerjohn
    My 2011 F-150 is still going strong. I don’t baby that thing either. Love that truck and hope to get another 5-10 years out of it. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised that Hyundai or Kia hasn't made a pickup for the US market yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I'm surprised that Hyundai or Kia hasn't made a pickup for the US market yet.
    Kia has one coming out this year.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    My girlfriend just bought a 2021 Jeep Cherokee despite Biblical gnashing of teeth on my part and that thing bugs me to end whenever we ride together. It shuts itself off if it idles for longer than 2-3 seconds, and starts again when the brake is released. It's not the most annoying thing when at a stop light for a minute or two, but when pausing at a stop sign it's the most useless and frustrating "feature." We're taking a 10 hour drive to western CO next week and I've made it known that it will be off for the entire trip if I'm driving. She traded "up" from an 09 Wrangler, which to her credit was a money pit, but she passed up on a '12 Taco and 4Runner for the same price.
    My wife's 18 Grand Cherokee does it, as does my Chevy 1500. It's really annoying. You have to turn it off every time you start the car, it won't remain off.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I have a 04 crew cab diesel 4x4 and my bro-in-law had a late 20teens F-150 crew cab. The back seat of his f-150 had more room than the front seat of my truck.
    I don't understand why. Unless they expect every guy who owns one to be 6'-9" why do I need 20" of leg room in the back seat?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    My wife's 18 Grand Cherokee does it, as does my Chevy 1500. It's really annoying. You have to turn it off every time you start the car, it won't remain off.
    **Thread drift** I've got a 2018 GC. Just FYI unplug the wire from the battery and the start stop stays off. I unplugged it over a year ago. There is a video online explaining it. I've gotten my car inspected as required in Virginia and the tech didn't mention it. David

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    **Thread drift** I've got a 2018 GC. Just FYI unplug the wire from the battery and the start stop stays off. I unplugged it over a year ago. There is a video online explaining it. I've gotten my car inspected as required in Virginia and the tech didn't mention it. David
    I remember there being a problem with that when we first got the truck. Something happened with the battery which turned off the Auto Off feature but it also messed up the steering wheel and seat heaters. Not sure what the relation is tho.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What's the point of making a current pickup larger and then introduce a smaller one? It's like Nissan had a compact Altima and sub compact Sentra. Then they made the Altima full size, Sentra moved up to compact and Versa was introduced as the new sub compact.

Personally I love older trucks. When full size was more or less equivalent to modern day midsize trucks. If I could find a good condition low mileage early 00s Taco or Ranger I'd be all over that. Today they're all bloated land yachts

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    You’re not wrong. I wouldn’t mind a small truck from back when they actually had lower owning and operating costs than a Cummins. (Some exaggeration; not much). All my friends that have bought new Fords since around 10 years ago love them. Including a dude that had a 6.0 before he traded for a 6.7.

Forgot to mention: eff Nissan.

Feedback Score
    -------------
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-04-21 at 16:50.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast