Thread: AimPoint PRO detachable mount recommendations

Feedback Score

AimPoint PRO detachable mount recommendations

I have an AimPoint PRO on my SBR and am looking for recommendations for a detachable mount and then just go irons vs a mount that co witnesses irons lower 1/3.

Feedback Score
    Did it not come with a QRP2 mount (big knob on the left)? That mount sucks, IMO, but it’s QD. Midwest Industries makes a plate with a locking lever that replaces just the knob portion of the QRP mount; it’s a much more robust solution while retaining QD and cost effectiveness.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m not a fan of the knob on the Aimpoint mount. I went with a BOBRO and never looked back.

Feedback Score
    Yes it did come with the big knob.
    Shame on me for not in tune to it being quick release.
    Midwest here I come.

Feedback Score
    Thank you ! !
    I will look into this option as well.

Feedback Score
    Can’t go wrong with a Larue cantilever mount. I have two, one of which is 10+ years old and have never had an issue.

American Defense is my other choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Did it not come with a QRP2 mount (big knob on the left)? That mount sucks, IMO, but it’s QD. Midwest Industries makes a plate with a locking lever that replaces just the knob portion of the QRP mount; it’s a much more robust solution while retaining QD and cost effectiveness.
    I think that is still going to be the more or less absolute co-witness height.

Lower 1/3 will need a taller spacer from SKD tactical(not 100% sure in production) or a definitely out of production one from Mounting Solutions Plus.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’m not a fan of the knob on the Aimpoint mount. I went with a BOBRO and never looked back.
    I will second this. I have the lower 1/3rd mount and really like it. If I didn't pick this one up for such a deal I likely would have gone with a La Rue.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I've gone Bobro for almost all QD needs (still have one larue spr) due to increased clamping surface over other brands.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Purely an FYI, both Midway USA and Primary Arms have the MI-QDAPM slightly cheaper than Midwest Industries does on their site.

Edit/P.S. - I just noticed your other post - the MI QD plate really only makes sense if you are good with the height of the PRO. If you want lower 1/3 height and QD both, replacing the PRO mount is probably the most viable solution.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-07-21 at 06:44.