Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Night vision goggles

Feedback Score
    I have a bit of experience with X-Vision XANB30 NV binocular. This is not a traditional style night vision device. This is digital IR, where the unit outputs its own infrared light and uses the IR camera to view the image.
    Here also a list of good night vission binocular available.
    Its IR LED illuminator is effective. It is powerful enough to see distant objects, even in completely dark regions.
    Last edited by wyn; 10-23-22 at 01:26.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Any new thoughts here? I've wanted duals for a long time, especially after using 15s for a full NTC rotation, but those are the price of a damn jet ski. I'm leaning towards a solid 14 now and then maybe a NOX18 before I jump to DTs.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    JRH has some killer deals on 14's right now, I have a NOX18 and it;s a good unit for handheld or weapon mounting not so good for helmet. If you want to bridge a 14 and thermal the iRay MH25 is the way to go IMO and is $2000 less than the NOX, can't be used as a weapon sight though.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Any new thoughts here? I've wanted duals for a long time, especially after using 15s for a full NTC rotation, but those are the price of a damn jet ski. I'm leaning towards a solid 14 now and then maybe a NOX18 before I jump to DTs.
    The Nocturn Industries products seem to be shaking out pretty well, as the Katanas have been a big hit, while the Boson Systems MNVG is still MIA. Of interest to me are the upcoming Nocturn housings, the Manticore, Samurai, and especially the Chimera (articulating panos).

SuperGain seems to be a pretty big hike in price for an arguable minor performance bump.

I guess the question is, what is your budget?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the ELBIT PVS31D/5032 one thing that I have not see addressed much with the commercial units but the mil spec 31's are submersible up to 20 meters. Not that I plan on diving with them but still good to know.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-15-23 at 08:39.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Let's talk bridging because this is something I think would be very useful. First this is for PVS-14/Thermal only because bridging 2 PVS-14's is, well I was going to say stupid but lets just say not optimal. When I got my NOX18 my plan was to bridge but I soon found out that the best bridge to use is the KAC which is unobtainable as it appears Knights has stopped production on them. So now I am looking at the MH25 and Modarmory bridge, and yes I know it's got a Chinese core and needs a PVS-14 eyepiece upgrade. I would like to buy American but since the Trijicon Skeet is north of $16,000 while the 25 is around $4,350 with the upgrade well.....you know. So around 5k for the 25 and a bridge is pretty tempting, or I can keep the money in the bank and watch inflation eat away at it or we have the finical collapse that is likely coming. Here's what I have be able to learn about bridging, works best if you don't try and use both NV and thermal together, one or the other, NV is better for moving around thermal better at spotting critters. Electronic zoom you lose half your resolution every time you zoom so above about 4x pretty much useless. Once you detect and identify your target engaging that target at night will require enhanced sighting, so either a NV or Thermal scope on your rifle or going back to your 14 and either passive or active aiming. NV is a very expensive rabbit hole to go down.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The Nocturn Industries products seem to be shaking out pretty well, as the Katanas have been a big hit, while the Boson Systems MNVG is still MIA. Of interest to me are the upcoming Nocturn housings, the Manticore, Samurai, and especially the Chimera (articulating panos).

SuperGain seems to be a pretty big hike in price for an arguable minor performance bump.

I guess the question is, what is your budget?
    I went through it more on my own and decided that with my current expected use, anything other than a 14 would be ridiculous. I also decided that the 14 is probably something I'd always want to have, so starting there was the most logical. I got the JRHLW14 with an unfilmed L3 tube. I called to order on Thursday and it came yesterday. Super light and I'm really liking the dual fuel aspect and push buttons over the knob. Larping in the house with the AX14 arm feels like a huge form and function improvement over the 14s I've always used at work (obviously), though I do already miss DTs. I'll be out at an FTX next weekend so I should be able to use it for a few hours over two nights and really get a feel for it.

Now I need an IR laser or two. I'm leaning towards the DesignateIR-V.
    Last edited by Wake27; 03-25-23 at 06:21.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I went through it more on my own and decided that with my current expected use, anything other than a 14 would be ridiculous. I also decided that the 14 is probably something I'd always want to have, so starting there was the most logical. I got the JRHLW14 with an unfilmed L3 tube. I called to order on Thursday and it came yesterday. Super light and I'm really liking the dual fuel aspect and push buttons over the knob. Larping in the house with the AX14 arm feels like a huge form and function improvement over the 14s I've always used at work (obviously), though I do already miss DTs. I'll be out at an FTX next weekend so I should be able to use it for a few hours over two nights and really get a feel for it.

Now I need an IR laser or two. I'm leaning towards the DesignateIR-V.
    Thank you for your order!

The Lightweight PVS14s offer several advantages other than just being lighter. Like you mentioned they are "dual fuel" (I like that, going to steal that term LOL) in that they will take a AA or a CR123, giving you some more versatility in battery options. We use RPO lightweight lenses for objective and eyepiece lenses and that cuts weight as well as offer better performing lenses than the standard PVS14 glass.

Finally, we only put 2500 FOM minimum tubes in these units, so whether you choose L3 Unfilmed 20um tubes or Elbit Thin filmed VH or YH high grade tubes, you will get a minimum performance level of 2500 FOM. And these units come with a Free custom hard case as well.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456