Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Piston? HK MR556?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Well gee Ed. You may well be telling me the truth but some of that very much conflicts with what the HK guy told me. I do not know to think now.

At the end of the day, my gun works, wouldn’t hesitate to use it against a mob of Crips in a self defense situation, it holds zero, and for $2950, I don’t feel I overpaid for how it’s functioned. Aside from handguards and length it hasn’t done anything my work HK couldn’t do.

Get what y’all want but I’m happy with my gun

ETA the “push pin” takedown pins were annoying at first but after a while I barely notice anymore.
    Wouldn't hesitate to use it against a mob of crips in a self defense situation?

This thread has taken an odd turn. It's one thing to say I wouldn't hesitate to use it in any type of self defense situation I might encounter. But when you start mentioning gangs by names . . . I dunno.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Jesus Christ this place has too many lawyers for my liking anymore.

This is how you turn off people. If some dude from HK BSed me then cool. He BSed me and I believe him. Whatever but man I get enough cross examination at work.

Maybe this place has gone full hobby grade. I just hope the OP gets a freedom gat

Peace

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yikes!!! Good luck with the surgery, I hope you rehab quickly and completely.
    The pain is stomping the Hades out of me right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    I hope all goes well and for a speedy recovery, ill keep my eyes out for the LMT stuff.
    Thanks, brother!

Crazy pain.... Fvk!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    But when you start mentioning gangs by names . . . I dunno.
    When this land turns to darkness; don't be surprised when guys like Fly are warlords.

He gonna make AOC his concubine.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Thanks man I appreciate the positive vibes!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Jesus Christ this place has too many lawyers for my liking anymore.

This is how you turn off people. If some dude from HK BSed me then cool. He BSed me and I believe him. Whatever but man I get enough cross examination at work.

Maybe this place has gone full hobby grade. I just hope the OP gets a freedom gat

Peace
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    That sucks man but im sure youll recover!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Thanks, brother!

Crazy pain.... Fvk!!!

Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The surgery was Tues., 6/8. They gave me nerve blocks on my right quad and right arm.

Surgery was successful. The doctor stated it would be outpatient and I was in NO CONDITION to be released. My sister was my advocate and saw to it I had a room.

They asked if I was hungry (last meal was Monday at 7:00PM) and it’s now 8:00PM Tues) and I asked for red meat (B-vitamins and heme iron, amino acids, protein content). All they had was chicken. I had three bites and instant regurgitation. Too much anesthesia in my system they said. I’m not sure why it caused that but I was not nauseous before or after.

Wednesday morning was cool. The nerve block was wearing off on my leg. It was only just beginning to gain any control of my fingers.

Wednesday afternoon the pain began. It was a mild burning. The nurse gave me something in the IV and it made me a little drowsy but I chose not to sleep. Three hours later they released me.

By 6:30 PM the pain was considerable - enough to ruin a meal.I had 7.5mg of Percocet and I took one. The pain only increased. By 8PM I took an 800mg Ibuprofen. I have a very high pain tolerance which also means pills don’t stop what pain I am having.

8:30 PM both knee and elbow ARE ON FIRE. It took my undivided attention to deal with it. This continued until midnight when I fell asleep due to exhaustion.

Thurs morning... 4:30AM no pain. Still took the meds as I did not want te pain to return.

By noon it was obvious that the intense pain was gone. I think I took one Percocet every 8 hours. Skipped one before I went to bed and woke up with a little discomfort and muscle twitches in the quad. One ibuprofen and I’m good. 12 hours later I take another but there is no pain inbetween.

Friday... ZERO PAIN.

Saturday.... I’m walking outside.

Saturday night one big muscle twitch in the quad and I felt it where it’s anchored to my patella. So, one ibuprofen and back to sleep.

So now I only take one ibuprofen before I go to sleep.

I hate three arm splint. I wish to modify it but won’t.

Still taking huge amounts of supplements that have worked with both bone healing and soft tissue injuries.

Maybe I should start a thread and provide a few updates to those interested.

Feedback Score
    Dang man! Well sounds like you are recovering and thats great! Youll be back to normal in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The surgery was Tues., 6/8. They gave me nerve blocks on my right quad and right arm.

Surgery was successful. The doctor stated it would be outpatient and I was in NO CONDITION to be released. My sister was my advocate and saw to it I had a room.

They asked if I was hungry (last meal was Monday at 7:00PM) and it’s now 8:00PM Tues) and I asked for red meat (B-vitamins and heme iron, amino acids, protein content). All they had was chicken. I had three bites and instant regurgitation. Too much anesthesia in my system they said. I’m not sure why it caused that but I was not nauseous before or after.

Wednesday morning was cool. The nerve block was wearing off on my leg. It was only just beginning to gain any control of my fingers.

Wednesday afternoon the pain began. It was a mild burning. The nurse gave me something in the IV and it made me a little drowsy but I chose not to sleep. Three hours later they released me.

By 6:30 PM the pain was considerable - enough to ruin a meal.I had 7.5mg of Percocet and I took one. The pain only increased. By 8PM I took an 800mg Ibuprofen. I have a very high pain tolerance which also means pills don’t stop what pain I am having.

8:30 PM both knee and elbow ARE ON FIRE. It took my undivided attention to deal with it. This continued until midnight when I fell asleep due to exhaustion.

Thurs morning... 4:30AM no pain. Still took the meds as I did not want te pain to return.

By noon it was obvious that the intense pain was gone. I think I took one Percocet every 8 hours. Skipped one before I went to bed and woke up with a little discomfort and muscle twitches in the quad. One ibuprofen and I’m good. 12 hours later I take another but there is no pain inbetween.

Friday... ZERO PAIN.

Saturday.... I’m walking outside.

Saturday night one big muscle twitch in the quad and I felt it where it’s anchored to my patella. So, one ibuprofen and back to sleep.

So now I only take one ibuprofen before I go to sleep.

I hate three arm splint. I wish to modify it but won’t.

Still taking huge amounts of supplements that have worked with both bone healing and soft tissue injuries.

Maybe I should start a thread and provide a few updates to those interested.

Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    Dang man! Well sounds like you are recovering and thats great! Youll be back to normal in no time.
    I’m praying so!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast