Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on Surefire muzzle device

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Surefire open tine flash hiders ping annoyingly (at least for me) but once you mount a can it's a non issue. Brakes on SBR's, on the other hand, are extremely obnoxious and uncomfortable when not suppressed. A brake can act as a sacrificial baffle with suppressed, though, so that's something to consider.

I have an open tine warcomp on one rifle. I don't notice any pushing of the muzzle one way or another with the ports timed almost exactly straight up and it's not very loud (for a brake) when unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Is there a noticeable difference in muzzle rise from the warcomp to the standard 3 prong?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Is there a noticeable difference in muzzle rise from the warcomp to the standard 3 prong?
    Splits for my at 10, 15, or 25 yards keeping rounds in the A-Zone are no different. Extend that to 50 yards and the Warcomp is very minimally faster.

Warcomp also has much more flash. It’s not terrible, but the 3 prong is almost no flash and much less concussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Not for me, though I almost never shoot unsuppressed anymore. Changes to gas systems, etc could have a more noticeable affect than just the muzzle device. I once had a factory BCM lightweight 16" midlength upper coupled with an A5 receiver that recoiled less than almost any competition-braked gun I've ever fired.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ok. I think I'm convinced on the SF3P. Thanks for everyone's help. Much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 7.62 Warcomp on a 18" 6.5 creedmoor.

No pinging, or excessive flash/blast in my experience. If anything it is one of my favorite muzzle devices.

If you want to shoot a gun unsuppressed I would highly recommend staying away from brakes/comps for any kind of tactical use.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah I'm not a fan of brakes. Had a VG6 Gamma on my 16" and while it was awesome at keeping muzzle flat and zero recoil whatsoever it was tooth rattling. I know the warcomp is not a brake just wasn't sure if it had that concussion with the top ports.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok. I think I'm convinced on the SF3P. Thanks for everyone's help. Much appreciated.
    Wise.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Where can they be found? I'd love to swap out a muzzle brake for a 3 prong.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Make sure that you get the flash higher compatible with the suppressor that you have in mind. There are still some for sale (FA556 model) that won’t work with the newer RC2 cans, fyi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12