Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SBR suppressor advice

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

SBR suppressor advice

Almost done building 11.5" 556 SBR. I was set on one of the surefire cans but after reading a little there are alot of good options. I was about to purchase SF3P flash hider but not 100% I'm going with surefire now. Looking for a can thats relatively short and relatively lightweight. Also want something that quick detach option. No direct thread. This will be my first suppressor so I have no experience with them. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Get the Surefire! Fast attach, durable, hides flash better than any can on the market. Doesn’t have an IR glow when it gets hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    IR glow is something I had not thought of. Why do I see so many people on here bashing surefire cans. I had always thought they were good be I see alot of people talking crap about them lately. Just read a post yesterday were someone was saying you shouldn't buy suppressors from a light company. Thats what made me rethink my decision.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Get the Surefire! Fast attach, durable, hides flash better than any can on the market. Doesn’t have an IR glow when it gets hot.

You think the 11.5 is too much for the mini?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    IR glow is something I had not thought of. Why do I see so many people on here bashing surefire cans. I had always thought they were good be I see alot of people talking crap about them lately. Just read a post yesterday were someone was saying you shouldn't buy suppressors from a light company. Thats what made me rethink my decision.
    You see people bash them because they don’t know what makes a good can. Many have a benchmark of quiet on video or quite to the meter. That’s a flawed test for one, but it’s not indicative of what matters.

On the mini, it’s small. Small enough that you’re not going to have the volume for good performance, but if kind of “takes the edge off” in a sense. I think if you buy a mini, you’d end up buying a larger can anyway.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Get the Surefire RC2, it’s amazing.

Edit: Just curious, but who is saying you shouldn’t buy a can from a light manufacturer?
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 06-07-21 at 09:12.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    You think the 11.5 is too much for the mini?
    Mini/K cans on shorter barrels are more concussion reducers than suppressors. I’d just go with a full size RC2.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Get the Surefire RC2, it’s amazing.

Edit: Just curious, but who is saying you shouldn’t buy a can from a light manufacturer?
    It was on one of the forums. I will see if I can find it again. They person pretty much said buy a suppressor from a suppressor company and not a weapon light company. I just took it with a grain of salt but it got me thinking so I figured I would ask you guys.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have both a Mini and full size RC2 that I use with 11.5" to 14" guns. Both lock up quickly and securely with minimal flash and POA/POI shift. Most poopooing I've seen on SF cans concern decibel reduction which should be towards the bottom of the list in terms of selection criteria.

For shorter barrels I'd go with a longer can, and vice versa. I also have a Saker-K which, with the Dead Air Key-Mo mount, is the about the same size and weight as the RC2 and performs just as well.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It was on one of the forums. I will see if I can find it again. They person pretty much said buy a suppressor from a suppressor company and not a weapon light company. I just took it with a grain of salt but it got me thinking so I figured I would ask you guys.
    Don't listen to that guy, lol

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast