Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SBR suppressor advice

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Here's something else to consider. Let's say this a$$hat Chipman becomes ATF director, and they find a way to make suppressors hard to acquire (say by raising the tax).

Surefire will be around to service my suppressor. Will a "suppressor company" still be in business? I think under this scenario a lot of them go Tango Uniform.

Not a zero probability.......
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 06-07-21 at 17:53.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Surefire repaired my RC2 free of charge after a baffle strike last year. 25 days from the time I shipped till I got it back. Thought that was pretty awesome on both accounts.

Ive dealt with their customer service a few times over the years and they've been super responsive and helpful. There was a period of time years back when it was normal to wait 45mins on hold for customer service, but all my calls in the past year have been plenty speedy. Reps who actually know what they're talking about too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am running a DeadAir SandmanS on my 11.5 BCM and I have zero complaints. Very little zero shift, “quiet”, I have shot it without ear pro outside and it’s not terrible.

Also, seems that may believe the KeyMo mounting system is the best out there. I have nothing to compare to but I have yet to experience a problem.

Just my two cents.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The only negative thing I can honestly say about the Surefire suppressors has to do with their muzzle devices and not the suppressor itself. If you are running suppressed the majority of the time, then avoid the Warcomp muzzle devices (especially on shorter barrels), as they do not have the seals around the muzzle device like the three prong, four prong, and dual chamber brake have. The vertical ports of the Warcomp allow carbon to build around the locking collar much faster than the other muzzle devices, and you will likely experience a carbon locked suppressor more often than you'd like. Go with the flash hiders or the dual chamber brake, and you won't have that issue.

Other than that, they are awesome. So much so, that I just purchased another a few weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    Running the dead air sandman and the Surefire side by side, the Surefire had no IR glow, the tone was softer, perhaps a smudge louder but not unpleasant, it has less flash as a suppressor, better flash hiders for muzzle devices, and generally performed better out of our MK18s. It returns to zero within an inch. Only real downside is it cost $150 more and weighed a few ounces more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Forgive me if I missed it someplace, but is there a reason to not consider the SiCo OMEGA? IIRC correctly it is about the same size and weight as the RC2 and I've read numerous posts saying it actually suppresses better. And I know you can find them at least $100.00 cheaper.

I like mine just fine.

Plus, in my experience SilencerCo warranty work/customer service has been top notch. IDK about Surefire.
    I have an Omega. It was my first can and I bought it, like I suspect a lot of people did, because I wanted a very versatile and modular can. I've since come to realize that modular cand are not the way to go-i.e. buy specific cans for specific uses/weapons. That said, it is a good can and does suppressor well, I think because of its internal volume. I actually like it best as a direct thread precision can.

The fact that the outer sleeve is glued on the baffle stack is bothersome, but I guess it makes it easier to repair.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    Socom rc2 is one of the most robust cans on the market. I have beat the shoot out of mine through classes and it looks brand new. It’s my favorite can I own and I also have the sandman s, which is another great can. The rc2 is a little heavy but is a great suppressor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw another answer to this. But I thought I’d gather more opinions. Why do you prefer the Surefire to the sandman S? Can you give your experience regarding the relative added backpressure between the two on 5.56 guns?

I have a Socom RC2 556 and a Socom Rc2 7.62. I’ve also got a couple old AAC cans that I’m converting to Key Mo through Ecco machine. I am thinking I want another 5,56 can, and since my guns will mostly be keymo or Surefire mounts. I’m debating a sandman S or an just another RC2 556. Backpressure and mount are my two priorities. If i go sandman I’ll likely put the E-Brake on the sandman for use one an 11.5” barrel with a tranny lower.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    According to pewscience.com, which is a resource that anyone looking at a suppressor should absolutely utilize, the sandman S has slightly less back pressure than the Socom7.62 Rc2, but the Socom is quieter at the ear and at the muzzle.

Attachment 65924

Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    I saw another answer to this. But I thought I’d gather more opinions. Why do you prefer the Surefire to the sandman S? Can you give your experience regarding the relative added backpressure between the two on 5.56 guns?

I have a Socom RC2 556 and a Socom Rc2 7.62. I’ve also got a couple old AAC cans that I’m converting to Key Mo through Ecco machine. I am thinking I want another 5,56 can, and since my guns will mostly be keymo or Surefire mounts. I’m debating a sandman S or an just another RC2 556. Backpressure and mount are my two priorities. If i go sandman I’ll likely put the E-Brake on the sandman for use one an 11.5” barrel with a tranny lower.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-07-21 at 20:14.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    According to pewscience.com, which is a resource that anyone looking at a suppressor should absolutely utilize, the sandman S has slightly less back pressure than the Socom7.62 Rc2, but the Socom is quieter at the ear and at the muzzle.

Attachment 65924
    I’ve seen that chart. But it’s comparing supersonic .308 through a Sandman S and the Surefire 7.62 suppressor. So it’s the wrong Surefire can and ammo and the wrong ammo through the sandman... the Surefire 7.62 is larger than the Sandman S. There is more volume to play with. I’m wanting to run it on a 5.56, which is the primary market for the Sandman S. That’s promising that the sandman has less back pressure even in .308 though.

Feedback Score
    I'm just starting to get into suppressors myself, so I'm not an expert. I think the general know on Surefire is that there are newer suppressors that are as good, or even better, but that are less pricey. I recently ordered a Sandman S because I've heard good things about them, like the Surefire they are very rugged, they come with a lifetime warranty and I was able to pick one up for a great price $716 plus $10 shipping to my local FFL/SOT.

There are also a number of "budget" cans that people seem to really like, but that probably will not be as bullet proof as the Sandman or the Surefire. For example the YHM Turbo, which I think you can find for around $400.

What's the best choice for you will depend on budget, usage and your priorities. I shoot lefty, so I wanted something that didn't have a ton of back pressure. Will also switch between multiple AR's, including several short barreled rifles. So getting a can that can handle thousands of rounds (including possible mag dumps), with low back pressure, that will work with a 10.5" barrel, and that's easy to switch between rifles were all important to me. Someone planning to put it on a single hunting rifle that will only occasionally be shot will have completely different priorities.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast