Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with a Garbage Upper?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Thanks for the offer, Spooky. I am pretty sure I have a PSA carbine stock floating around, unless I gave it away.

You guys make a good point about folks who may not need or want a "good" AR.

Andy
    Cool, if ya do go that route and need some extra parts shoot me a PM and I will se what I have squirreled away.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Andy, PM me and we can trade email addresses. Id like you to email me a picture of the upper. I could use an A2 receiver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you know how it shoots?

If it could be cut to between 13.7 and 14.5 getting rid of the integral brake, I'd likely go that route and pin/weld.

If you have an SBR lower, less than 13.7 wouldn't be an issue.

Be fun to play with.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Heavy barrel? Sounds like you need to make light machine gun with all legally acquired parts.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its weird - no markings besides a number on the FSB and Cardinal forge mark on the receiver. Maybe I should put a sign on it in a gunshow stating it is a sanitized upper issued to the CIA operators during the Russian-Afgan war...

I sent GH41 some pics to see what he thinks.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-07-21 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I was you.....

Make a game outa how cheap you can make a complete/functional AR. I actually did this same thing with spare parts. I think I got an AR running with a CHF barrel none the less for like $350. Ended up trading it for work on a trailer to a guy with no AR. He was super happy.

As long as it can shoot a mag or two without a stoppage and it can be zero'd it's a lot more gun than no gun.

Most non-forum members aren't brand snobs in the least.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So it’s garbage because of the lack of markings, the time period in which it was made, and the fact that you don’t know much about it?

Feedback Score
    My question: is it garbage because you don’t know what it is, or is it garbage because it doesn’t work?

If it works, build it into a budget rifle and keep it as a second or third rifle... or tenth rifle. Sure, don’t take it to Afghanistan or carry it for warrant service but I wouldn’t be selling anything that works at this point.

If it doesn’t work, sell it.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thumbs up

- List it for DOUBLE what you paid for it
    - Be SURE to note, "LESS than a hundred rounds down the pipe; sat in my safe after ultrasonic cleaning since!"
    - Post to "Armslist (or TOS)."

- PROFIT!!!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    We had a saying in my old unit- if it’s stupid but it works it isn’t stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast