Thread: ATF has posted their proposed brace rules.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Forty-eight Republican senators signed a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday slamming the Biden Administration’s plan to ban most pistol braces.

Republican senators said the ATF made the devices popular by initially approving their design and then expanding their legal use in a 2017 determination. They accused the agency “suddenly chang[ing] course” on their legality after nearly a decade. They said the ATF’s turnabout was “shocking,” and accused it of trying to “yank the rug out from under” law-abiding American gun owners who have purchased upwards of 7 million of the devices.

--------

Did 48 'shocked' republican Senator's sign a letter slamming the Trump admin for 'suddenly changing course on [bump stock] legality after a decade' and 'yanked the rug out from under law-abiding citizens'?

Next I suppose the NRA will say they are shocked that additional regulations would even be considered on a device the ATF has already approved. shocking I tell ya... shocking.

---------

Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.
    When bump stocks came under fire and the pro rights community (including far too many here) just didn’t care because bump stocks are “fudd”, Many people including myself warned others that it was opening Pandora’s box to just up and make a piece of plastic illegal and it would have enduring consequences.

Well, they’re gonna go after everything at a granular level now, it’s exactly what we get for not fighting every battle, together and instead letting each other hang separately because “I don’t use those stupid things” Types of attitudes.

Pistol braces are just the next thing, “ghost guns” are too. They won’t ease up even a little bit until people unite en masse.

It’s the same thing with pistol braces right now, look at the comments in this site- people just don’t get it!
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 06-25-21 at 08:21.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...